LegacyGT.com

tein htech

Yebbey

I've been reading about these springs all week and asking questions. Some people said they are progressive...what does that mean? Anyone with these springs experience tire rubbing when there is a lot of weight in the back? Overall impressions?

progressive springs mean that the further they compress, the harder it is to compress. This is as opposed to spring that has a constant rate of compression throughout the travel.

They do this by changing thickness of the spring wire and overal spring diameter and probly some other patented stuff

what this means to you is that the more laden the spring becomes, the more the spring pushes back. So the closer the tire comes to rubbing, the harder it is to get that last few milimeters before touching

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

i'll hopefully be ordering a set of them myself very very soon. :) they seem to be the best fit for my need to increase suspension handling without a huge drop due to winter and road conditions up here.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

the H-techs are also specifically made for the US Legacy GT. At least that is my understanding. For almost $250 less the H-techs are great. Smooth ride, good looks and better cornering for everyday driving. I don't take the car to the track so it works for me.

plus it's not like 200lbs really matter. i always drive with my 220 lbs dad in my car and there is no difference in handling, maybe only when the underpowered 170hp engine tries to accelerate.

so is it a good idea for long term use that a 2.5i get H-tech installed?

i still thinking about it, back last year when i first got my car, my chubby friends jumped in and lowered the car at least an inch, when i came across a dip they would jump up and down hoping that i would scratch my bumper....thus very indecisive for the lowering springs...

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• 2 weeks later...
Still on the stock struts for me. All struts wear out eventually. Lowering hastens the process, but with the mild drop of the H-techs, I'm not anticipating it to happen any time soon. And by then there should be a decent selection of replacement ones out there.

I'm also thinking of getting the H-techs..... and running them with the stock struts.

How much reduced will the strut life be? 1/2 the life? 3/4 the life?

Anyone have a photo of a sedan with H-techs and stock struts?

Thanks in advance!

Just installed the H-tech yesterday and plus 35% tint all the way around. the car is SEXY. I love the H-tech, install was easy, ride is great (almost stock) but ofcourse body roll has decreased and so has the wheel well. Need to point the HIDs higher =)

Archived