LegacyGT.com

Regional Forum listings

dark_rex

It's not a really big deal, but Pennsylvania is absolutely NOT New England.

I think Jersey and PA are both mid atlantic, as is probably New York. Maybe NY should be an exception, but geographically, the others don't make sense

$0.02

dR

we went over this a long time

PA is northeast

if the weather channel calls it NE....then we call it NE

and for the last 23 years i've lived in PA, it's been NE

NJ goes further north and east than PA so it's NE too

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I still think there should be a MidWest forum, not North Central. Who the heck calls it North Central? No one in the Midwest at least. ;)
That makes sense. It seems strange to me that Kansas is in the region with Louisiana and not with Nebraska or Colorado. Really, the South Central is kind of like post-war Yugoslavia: a bunch of states that have nothing to do with each other being combined into one region by someone who doesn't live there and has no sense of the cultural differences between them.

It seems to me a more intuitive alignment would be to have the Mountain West Region be "Great Plains/Mountain West", which would include the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, and possibly Oklahoma. Texas could be moved to the South West, shoring up that weakly-performing region, and giving the people of New Mexico and Nevada someone to talk to. Louisiana and Arkansas could be merged into the South East, another laggard in terms of participation. Then the South Central wouldn't need to exist.

• 4 months later...

Archived