LegacyGT.com

STI trade in

RuskiTrombone

Somebody already traded in a new 06 white STI at my work. It has less that one thousand miles on the odometer. Maybe they couldn't afford it. I wonder how much these are going for brand new?

And how much are you guys going to sell it for?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Aren't you at Carmax in Sterling/Dulles? I was up there the other day trying to see what I could get for my old car and there was a red LGT with 8k miles or something. It was selling for roughly the same price that I got mine for, new with 15 miles on it.

I see used cars selling for as much as you could negotiate the same car new for all the time. Some people just assume they are saving money cause its used. And of course the dude tradin in a nearly new car is takin a bath as well. Guess that keeps places like Carmax in business.

Suprisingly I purchased my car at Carmax at full price for 22K and I got a limited GT. For some reason market prices change and if you look at autotrader most places have raised prices on their Legacies. I would never say all prices at Carmax are great. Some hondas and toyotas sell for what they cost new just because of supply and demand. Some cars sell for nearly 10K below KBB retail. Me purchasing an LGT for 22K is a great example. I think I got a great deal. With cars like a Legacy or a new STI it is hard for a buyer to price at times. They rely on info they gather within 5 minutes from the internet and not from people that go out and haggle for the best price.

Suprisingly I purchased my car at Carmax at full price for 22K and I got a limited GT. For some reason market prices change and if you look at autotrader most places have raised prices on their Legacies. I would never say all prices at Carmax are great. Some hondas and toyotas sell for what they cost new just because of supply and demand. Some cars sell for nearly 10K below KBB retail. Me purchasing an LGT for 22K is a great example. I think I got a great deal. With cars like a Legacy or a new STI it is hard for a buyer to price at times. They rely on info they gather within 5 minutes from the internet and not from people that go out and haggle for the best price.

Damn that is a good price for a LGT limited!!!!

I thought so too and that's why I purchased it without my discount. I've seen cars priced really well and cars over priced. The one thing that makes me a good sales person is that I can give my customers opinions on makes, models, prices and cars in general. I try to point them in the right direct but at times I just have to step back and sell a car no matter how much I hate the car I am selling.

20 bucks, but it is your lucky day ill pay 25 dollars for it!

$40!!!:icon_bigg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

How many miles when you got it? When I was shopping for my LGT, lowest quote I got for Limited Wagon was $25K even. It had tan interior so I settled for the non-limited which was also cheaper. :)

I agree with Ruski, Carmax prices are not always the best deal (I used to work there). I think the reason why people go there is to avoid the haggling process in the regular dealership. But for the brave soul, haggling can get you good deals too.

Btw, there were leftover 05 limited that were selling for $23K last month.

Archived