LegacyGT.com

Wax??

D-2.5-GT

Mmmm, I love the Griot's stuff, their Carnuba Paste Wax is amazing, and the Speed Shine is by far the best quick detailer I've ever used. Even their interior dressing is great, leaves a nice non-greasy clean look on plastics & rubber.

[quote name='Opie']Mmmm, I love the Griot's stuff, their Carnuba Paste Wax is amazing, and the Speed Shine is by far the best quick detailer I've ever used. Even their interior dressing is great, leaves a nice non-greasy clean look on plastics & rubber.[/quote] I'm declaring Opie my official surrogate. :lol: We agree on so much! The Griot's stuff is a bit spendy, but you don't have to use as much of it. A gallon jug of the Car Wash lasted me almost two years, and I get about eight wax jobs out of a 16 oz. bottle of the Best of Show stuff. And the Vinyl and Rubber Dressing leaves a nice, satin gleam on tire sidewalls, rather than that gaudy shine of other products. People on detailing boards always say you can get the Griot's stuff for less money elsewhere, but nobody ever ponies up the information about the identical other products. :lol: Mind you, it's hard to go wrong with car care, as long as you use a reasonably good wash product, all cotton (or microfiber) towels and almost any wax. But the Griot's stuff is just nicer. The microfiber drying towels have little pockets for your hands, and they have a wash mitt for cold weather, that has a thick rubber glove inside the mitt, so your hands stay dry while washing on cold days. Man, that place rocks. Kevin

i use mothers carnuba. the wax last 5 to 6 months. you need to take care in the application. i protect the tires and black plastic/rubber parts with tire spray. the spray leaves a coating to prevent the carnuba wax from sticking and creating that dry white coating. if you do get carnuba on the plastic/rubber parts go luck getting it off.

[quote name='bemani']Their clay bar sucks though. Too soft and too sticky.[/quote] Their clay bar is supposed to be soft and sticky. That's why it works so well, without damaging the paint, like harder, less-sticky lesser bars can do. The trick is to keep things well-lubricated with Speed Shine. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='bemani']Their clay bar sucks though. Too soft and too sticky.[/quote] Their clay bar is supposed to be soft and sticky. That's why it works so well, without damaging the paint, like harder, less-sticky lesser bars can do. The trick is to keep things well-lubricated with Speed Shine. Kevin[/quote] So sticky and soft that 1/2 of the lump that I used ended up stuck around my gloves or on the plastic spray bottle? There's a nice layer of that stuff stuck to the plastic wrap in the package when I first opened it too. Its nice for it to be soft, but this is ridiculous. I want something that can be used easily also. <- still looking for that favorite clay bar.

[quote name='bemani'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='bemani']Their clay bar sucks though. Too soft and too sticky.[/quote] Their clay bar is supposed to be soft and sticky. That's why it works so well, without damaging the paint, like harder, less-sticky lesser bars can do. The trick is to keep things well-lubricated with Speed Shine. Kevin[/quote] So sticky and soft that 1/2 of the lump that I used ended up stuck around my gloves or on the plastic spray bottle? There's a nice layer of that stuff stuck to the plastic wrap in the package when I first opened it too. Its nice for it to be soft, but this is ridiculous. I want something that can be used easily also. <- still looking for that favorite clay bar.[/quote] Sounds like you didn't use enough Speed Shine. My tactic is to spray my fingers with Speed Shine before picking up the clay, which keeps it from sticking to my hands. But yes, the Griot's clay is soft. But as an example, a friend first had Mother's clay, then Clay Magic. The Griot's clay took care of the same marks (he had tar all over his car) with less effort and better results. The paint was smoother. But yes, the Griot's clay is soft and sticky. It took me forever to get the plastic wrap off the clay. Now, I just use a Ziplog bag, with some Speed Shine sprayed in the bag before I put the clay back. Kevin

Ha ha ... I actually had a little cup with speed shine that I dunked the clay bar in everytime I folded it, but that didn't help. Then when that stuff started sticking to my hands I put on gloves and got a bowl of speed shine + some other brand lubricant to wet my gloves and the clay bar but that didn't do a lot of good either. How often did you respray your hands? I think I used up 7/8 of that whole bottle in one claying session too. It was crazy and expensive.

Over at Nasioc there were some great comments on the Meguire's NXT line so I went and purchased some of their products. I bought Meguires NXT car wash concentrate, NXT wax, and NXT wheel cleaner. All the products worked excellent and my car is shining brighter than when it came from the dealership...

[quote name='Deer Killer']I just used Meguire's NXT and it's great, at least compared to this nu finish crap :) Everything is so smooth it feels like teflon, especially when I try to close the doors :) Also seems to work pretty well keeping the brake dust off the wheels..[/quote] I waxed my wheels too. :D Nu-Finish is a good winter wax, it seems to hold up longer, but doesn't compare to the shine and easy on and off application of NXT wax.

Archived