LegacyGT.com

Wax??

D-2.5-GT

I originally posted this in 2001, but it is still true today: "I first used this stuff 6 years go and from the first time I tried it I haven't used anythig else. Same story with their wax. Note - this topic is a lot like discussing religion or politics, I won't get into any arguments about this topic. www.protectall.com" and this "It's interesting actually. I saw a blurb about the Quick and Easy wash ina agazine (turbo to be exact) and I didn't believe that it would work, but it would have solved an age old problem for me which was freezing my as& of in the winter trying to use a hose. So I called them and they told me wherto get it and offered to send a sample, and the guy said they would also send a sample of the wax, which was amazing stuff and I said that wasn't necessary (I used Zymol - Zymol Japon actually because I had a Japanese car at the time - boy I'm sucker sometimes! but I try to learn). Anyhow I got the sample and tried it out on my wife's car (hey, I'm no dumy, if it was going to eat through the paint it might as wel be on her car because she woud't care), and it worked. Not only that but it was so fast that I ended up washing both cars in about 20 minutes. I really was impressed. Then I figured I would try the wax and that totally blew me away. It is easy to use, really fast (no more 3 hour torture sessions) and the results are amazing. Plus no white powder in the gaps, ou can even use it on the windows and all molding pieces, etc. From that time I tossed all of the stuff I used to use. I can't even calculate the time savings, the money savings and the cars are always look great. I'd put my cars up against cars detailed with any product. Plus it's fun to go into the RV store and buy this stuff by the gallon every few months. To each his own, but I love the stuff. for the more cynical amoung you - I have absolutely no interest in this company - I am just a very satisfied customer."

I was introduced to Jax Wax. Stuff is amazing!!. Its made in Westerville, Ohio. Its used in a lot of car dealership and a lot of old school tuners use this product. They also have a lot of other stuff like....Interior cleaners, tire shine, ect ect...bought a whole kit for like $40..Wax, Body Shine, Applicater, Microfiber towells...gooooooood shiat. Peace

[quote name='rao'] www.protectall.com" [/quote] This interests me and would like to hear from others who may have experience with this product. Rao - You have used the product for 6 years on the same vehicle and have not had any negative affects such as residue buildup or anything? How long does a coat of their polish last?

Klasse AIO and High Gloss Sealant. Easy to apply, lasts long and gives a good shine. I used it on my previous black Forester and people could not believe that it was 5 years old. Ken

[quote name='Sub-attraction'][quote name='rao'] www.protectall.com" [/quote] This interests me and would like to hear from others who may have experience with this product. Rao - You have used the product for 6 years on the same vehicle and have not had any negative affects such as residue buildup or anything? How long does a coat of their polish last?[/quote] I dunno, but his cars always look nice. He laughs at my Griot's Garage allegiance. Kevin

Kevin :lol: can you see me laughing from over there :D ? It has now been 9 years since I gave up endless hours of drugery and manual labor (though don't worry the time has been replaced with other drudgery and physical labor :) ) The products work great. The wash is just amazing. The longest I have used it on one car is my wife's current car, which is almost 5 years old (and she won't let me replace it) and the finish is as good as new. I have used on cars that have lived outside and it just works great. I probably use way too much and use it too often, and ther is no buildup. With lighter color cars you don't even have to buff it out, only on the glass. Buffing it out is a little difficult beccause it has to be absolutely dry. Onn darker colors you can get some streaking, but it goes away if you let it dry totally (or overnight) and then wipe it off. Also I usually buy smaller containers, the gallon ones just last too long and the product does not have an indefinite shelf life. Don't take my word for it though. If you call them or therogh the website you can order a free sample pack which contains some of the wash and the wax.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']I hear good things about Klasse, but I last waxed with Meguiar's NXT Tech wax and I like the results.[/quote] OMG me too!!!111 Brother![/quote] Me too. I waxed my black truck 2 weeks ago and haven't washed it yet. After a few rain storms it still looks pretty clean, it's like the dirt doesn't stick to it because of the wax.

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']I hear good things about Klasse, but I last waxed with Meguiar's NXT Tech wax and I like the results.[/quote] OMG me too!!!111 Brother![/quote] Me too. I waxed my black truck 2 weeks ago and haven't washed it yet. After a few rain storms it still looks pretty clean, it's like the dirt doesn't stick to it because of the wax.[/quote] I use Quick Detail in between waxes to remove dust/bugs and keep that "just waxed" look.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I use Quick Detail in between waxes to remove dust/bugs and keep that "just waxed" look.[/quote] Try some Griot's Speed Shine. I used to use Meguiar's Quick Detail, but Speed Shine just obliterates it in the quick detailer races. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I use Quick Detail in between waxes to remove dust/bugs and keep that "just waxed" look.[/quote] Try some Griot's Speed Shine. I used to use Meguiar's Quick Detail, but Speed Shine just obliterates it in the quick detailer races. Kevin[/quote] Hmmm....thanks for the tip. Where could I pick up a bottle?

For those who use Klasse or similar acrylic-based sealants, Sonus spray mist works well. It's like Meguiar's Quik Detail spray except that it has a small amount of acrylic sealant in it rather than wax. I does help keep that shine on your Klassed vehicle in between washes. Ken

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I use Quick Detail in between waxes to remove dust/bugs and keep that "just waxed" look.[/quote] Try some Griot's Speed Shine. I used to use Meguiar's Quick Detail, but Speed Shine just obliterates it in the quick detailer races. Kevin[/quote] Hmmm....thanks for the tip. Where could I pick up a bottle?[/quote] [url]www.griotsgarage.com[/url] I like it because it contains a nice quantity of wax, so it really can substitute for a wash, in a pinch. Griot's also sells some very nice 100% cotton towels that are great for use with the Speed Shine. Oh, the site also has lots of other goodies, so be forewarned. Kevin

The other site that has lots of goodies and some sound advice is [url]http://www.autopia-carcare.com/[/url]. The downside for me is that there are almost too many car care options which gives me a headache figuring out what combination of products to buy. Griots is more focussed in their product selection since they deal primarily with in-house products so your temples don't throb. Tom

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I use Quick Detail in between waxes to remove dust/bugs and keep that "just waxed" look.[/quote] Try some Griot's Speed Shine. I used to use Meguiar's Quick Detail, but Speed Shine just obliterates it in the quick detailer races. Kevin[/quote] Hmmm....thanks for the tip. Where could I pick up a bottle?[/quote] [url]www.griotsgarage.com[/url] I like it because it contains a nice quantity of wax, so it really can substitute for a wash, in a pinch. Griot's also sells some very nice 100% cotton towels that are great for use with the Speed Shine. Oh, the site also has lots of other goodies, so be forewarned. Kevin[/quote] I'm about to order the Speed Shine but is the "finest sprayer" really necissary Kev? 3 bucks for a sprayer nozzle seems a bit steep! :o

[quote name='WRXTom']The other site that has lots of goodies and some sound advice is [url]http://www.autopia-carcare.com/[/url]. The downside for me is that there are almost too many car care options which gives me a headache figuring out what combination of products to buy. Griots is more focussed in their product selection since they deal primarily with in-house products so your temples don't throb. Tom[/quote] Nice double post! :P How you double posted even after I posted amazes me!

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I use Quick Detail in between waxes to remove dust/bugs and keep that "just waxed" look.[/quote] Try some Griot's Speed Shine. I used to use Meguiar's Quick Detail, but Speed Shine just obliterates it in the quick detailer races. Kevin[/quote] Hmmm....thanks for the tip. Where could I pick up a bottle?[/quote] [url]www.griotsgarage.com[/url] I like it because it contains a nice quantity of wax, so it really can substitute for a wash, in a pinch. Griot's also sells some very nice 100% cotton towels that are great for use with the Speed Shine. Oh, the site also has lots of other goodies, so be forewarned. Kevin[/quote] I'm about to order the Speed Shine but is the "finest sprayer" really necissary Kev? 3 bucks for a sprayer nozzle seems a bit steep! :o[/quote] The sprayer isn't necessary, DM, unless you have $3 burning a hole in your pocket. It really is nice, though, and it's got an extra long nozzle, so there isn't any wasted product lurking in a corner of the bottle. Kevin

Archived