LegacyGT.com

NEW FMIC for LGT!

svx2005

Interested in buying custom kits?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in buying custom kits?

You are retarded.. couldnt be farther from the truth..

how many fmic'd cars have you owned or tuned on?

Dont be an internet racer.... YOU WILL GET GAINS FROM A STOCK TURBOD CAR WITH A FMIC. IT WILL BE NOTICEABLE, IF YOU TUNE FOR THE FMIC YOU WILL GET EVEN MORE GAINS.

common sense...

Read what Phil said before you go off on a wrong tangent,I'll print it larger fr you,,, "REAL GAINS"!

Bolting on a FMIC to a fairly stock setup will not give you the" :icon_eek:" effect some desire or think they will get.Some frontmounts are only fr bling effect and can actually slow the car down some under certain cicumstances.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This topic isn't about:icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: , It is about someone wanting to help fellow LGT owners, not HOSING THEm like all the other companies...

agreed - and lighten up on each other guys -don't go personal on us. :icon_neut

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Read what Phil said before you go off on a wrong tangent,I'll print it larger fr you,,, "REAL GAINS"!

Bolting on a FMIC to a fairly stock setup will not give you the" :icon_eek:" effect some desire or think they will get.Some frontmounts are only fr bling effect and can actually slow the car down some under certain cicumstances.

last i heard 20+ whp was a gain...

Talk to MarylandTurbo about all that... Ask him his opinion on the topic...

Seriously internet mechanics can EAD, as can internet racers and internet tuners...

Any addition to the legacy aftermarket is welcome by me!! esp if its a FMIC ;)

thanks for all the input. I'm making the FMIC cause thats what i want for my car... it's for me. I'm not gonna settle for something cheap or hacked up. It's not finished till it's perfect :) I'll post some pics and if you guys like it, just start placing orders :)

I'll look around for aluminum pipe...

as far as a replacement TMIC? just buy the perrin. I'm not gonna spend time designing one cause i don't need it for my car.... besides, your better off with front mount anyway :)

Catback exhaust will come shortly after i'm done with the intercoolers... For my design, i'm thinking of a DMH electric cutout at the end of the DP. If I have this stuff bent and welded in big batches, it's gonna be cheaper... so keep that in mind. I'm ordering supplies next week :)

IM IN FOR THE FMIC 100%!!!!!! & its not even made yet!

I would like to check out the exhaust 2, at least a the Y pipe for now.

This is what its all about!! we love are vendors, & product makers!!! but someone (svx2005) comes out, just a regular person & knows what he is going to do & not keep it for himself or look to make a ton of money (granted the world runs on money & people work in the industry as a reg. pay check job) while suppling lgt bros with it.

keep us posted!! again.... good looking out!

Hey everyone... i'm tired of seeing all these high prices for bolt on kits that are currently out there... $1,400 for the MTS FMIC? come on... it doesn't cost that much to make. Up to $800 for just a catback exhaust? No thanks... I don't have that kind of money.... so, I'm going to make my own. It's easy when you have the resources to do so :)

First off, build one, and find out how much it costs. Trust me, I had the same opinion of cat-backs before I started making parts, and once you finally make them, or hire someone to fabricate for you, costs sky rocket; You'll be lucky to spend at least $700 in materials alone. Then start up a business, incorporate, host a web site, and see where your profit-loss is at. Are catbacks like the borla legacy GT catback expensive? Compaired to a mustang or camaro exhaust, probably... but they sell a lot more of those cat-backs than Legacy GT catbacks, so no doubt it costs borla more to make that low-run (low quantity made) catback. Go to a shop and ask them to fabricate a mandrel-bent, tig welded, 304 stainless catback, with machined flanges, with a factory fit, and you'll get quotes from $500-$1000.

There are two sides to the equasion.

-Rob

MTS

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

last i heard 20+ whp was a gain...

Talk to MarylandTurbo about all that... Ask him his opinion on the topic...

Seriously internet mechanics can EAD, as can internet racers and internet tuners...

Any addition to the legacy aftermarket is welcome by me!! esp if its a FMIC ;)

I saw a 4 mph gain in the quarter mile by adding a fmic and uping the boost 1psi. Stock tune with the utec defending against fuel cutoff.

With a shitty map, I went 12.9 @ 106. The car can get a whhhhhhole lot more with a turbo with more efficiency top-side of the rpm band. I'm saving my pennies right now to take the next step. Did I mention this is my daily driver? :lol:

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

First off, build one, and find out how much it costs. Trust me, I had the same opinion of cat-backs before I started making parts, and once you finally make them, or hire someone to fabricate for you, costs sky rocket; You'll be lucky to spend at least $700 in materials alone. Then start up a business, incorporate, host a web site, and see where your profit-loss is at. Are catbacks like the borla legacy GT catback expensive? Compaired to a mustang or camaro exhaust, probably... but they sell a lot more of those cat-backs than Legacy GT catbacks, so no doubt it costs borla more to make that low-run (low quantity made) catback. Go to a shop and ask them to fabricate a mandrel-bent, tig welded, 304 stainless catback, with machined flanges, with a factory fit, and you'll get quotes from $500-$1000.

There are two sides to the equasion.

-Rob

MTS

I'm not a business, and i don't want this to be a business. I already have a job. My whole intent is to make stuff for my own car because i can't afford these sky high prices that these other venders are charging for their kits. Maybe their cost is justified because they have a lot of overhead to pay for. I don't. The only thing it's costing me is materials and my time. I just thought i'd make a few extra ones and offer them to people on here who want these upgrades, but can't afford those high prices. This is only a one time thing. I'll make one batch and i'm done. I started the poll to see how big the batch should be. I already have prices on the materials, and the cost of haveing the pipe mandrel bent. I'm welding the flanges on myself. The price as of now is just an estimate. I'm leaving some room incase I run into something unexpected.

Dude, talk to us after this is done. It's a bunch of fluff at this point.

$800 bucks for some unknown/unproven FMIC from a new LGTforum member with probably zero post purchase support? We can buy em for $900-1000 now from reputable vendors.

I'm all for supporting new bargain priced parts for our cars but come one. Not me, not at this point anypoint. Come post up after you have something more substantive.

I just ordered a FMIC and the required bumper beam, completely custom to work with my wrx style turbo and FXT intake manifold, for just a little more than this, from TDC tuning...

Jim L: Just curious, why would a FMIC require a CAI?

from what I have seen it requires a new intake, not necessarily a cai.

Dude, talk to us after this is done. It's a bunch of fluff at this point.

$800 bucks for some unknown/unproven FMIC from a new LGTforum member with probably zero post purchase support? We can buy em for $900-1000 now from reputable vendors.

I'm all for supporting new bargain priced parts for our cars but come one. Not me, not at this point anypoint. Come post up after you have something more substantive.

+1

Archived