LegacyGT.com

NEW FMIC for LGT!

svx2005

Interested in buying custom kits?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in buying custom kits?

Hey everyone... i'm tired of seeing all these high prices for bolt on kits that are currently out there... $1,400 for the MTS FMIC? come on... it doesn't cost that much to make. Up to $800 for just a catback exhaust? No thanks... I don't have that kind of money.... so, I'm going to make my own. It's easy when you have the resources to do so :)

First i'm designing a FMIC. All the piping is going to be stainless steel. I have the option to get it chromed, powder coated, painted, whatever i want to do. It's going to be mandrel bent, not a bunch of peices welded together. I'll be working up the prototype in Febuary... and it should be ready by March. It's really not that hard... when you know someone with a mandrel bender. So i'm making stuff for my own car. But I wanted to see if anyone else would want some of this for their car too. If i know how many people would be interested, i can make extras. Anything can be customized. I'm expecting the FMIC to have a total cost of no more than $800. I'll be working on a catback exhaust next. I don't think that should cost more than $400 with the mufflers included. Any type of muffler could be used. I don't want to make a whole bunch of them... and this will only be a one time thing... I'll know the final price of making these kits when i finish the prototypes.

So, let me know if your interested, and what you would want.

I'll be sure to have pictures as things come along....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about making some muffler replacement pipes? I want a LOUD car, when I want it, and quiet when I want. I used to have a cutout, and miss it.

I mean, mufflers are flanged on, so just make a pipe with a flange, and then a hanger, and bend it right, and your set!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I havn't picked out a core yet. But I'm planning on using one just big enough to cover the opening in the bottom of the front bumper. I think bigger would be useless... theres no airflow, and it's just more volume the turbo has to pressurize before it gets to your engine, so it would create even more lag.

BOV locations, turbo flanges, pipe size, core size... whatever you want is possible. The pipeing is available in 2 inch up to 3.5 inch. Core sizes vary, any flange is possible for your application.... you guys can request whatever you want. I will make them to fit the stock LGT.... if you want anything special... you'll just have to pay up front, because i probably wouldn't be able to sell it to anyone else.

I can weld on any turbo flange or leave it round to fit any style turbo per your request.

a TMIC is a lot smaller... and only a little bit of air is going to flow through that tiny hood scoop....

yes I do understand that. However, some people don't want a fmic and lots don't want to go with a cai that almost certainly a fmic will require.

Aluminum would be better for the tubing on the FMIC, stainless is heeeeaavvyyyy !

Aluminum would be waaayyy easier to mandrel bend and have come out correctly if you're gonna do it all in one piece. Stainless has a crappy tendency to spring back once you've bent it to you're programmed spot:icon_tong:(. Not saying you can't do it but it takes a bit of trial and error unless you're mandrel guy is some sort of guru.

FMIC is only going to give real gains if you go for a larger turbo, there's just too much additional volume for the stock turbo to charge without lag.

I am not going to upgrade the turbo !

FMIC is only going to give real gains if you go for a larger turbo, there's just too much additional volume for the stock turbo to charge without lag.

+1

You are retarded.. couldnt be farther from the truth..

how many fmic'd cars have you owned or tuned on?

Dont be an internet racer.... YOU WILL GET GAINS FROM A STOCK TURBOD CAR WITH A FMIC. IT WILL BE NOTICEABLE, IF YOU TUNE FOR THE FMIC YOU WILL GET EVEN MORE GAINS.

common sense...

You are retarded.. couldnt be farther from the truth..

how many fmic'd cars have you owned or tuned on?

Dont be an internet racer.... YOU WILL GET GAINS FROM A STOCK TURBOD CAR WITH A FMIC. IT WILL BE NOTICEABLE, IF YOU TUNE FOR THE FMIC YOU WILL GET EVEN MORE GAINS.

common sense...

If you don't agree with me just say so, but there's no need for insults is there ?

If you read my post again, you will note that I said "real" gains, I didn't say no gains at all.

If you want to trade insults go here : www.insults-forum.com

Archived