LegacyGT.com

This is what you do in Jan in MN

46 degrees in January! Iit's time for a hand wash x2 and a good coat of new wax. This is how us northerners have to detail in the winter. Nothing like a cold beer and some quality time with the car.

Oh,and I'm really glad to see how soft Subaru's paint is already.....less than 6k miles and I'm already seeing chips in the leading edges like the side mirrors and front bumper as seen in the enclosed pic. :mad:

2.JPG.60bb4a72007d3acfaa01abe670c7a578.JPG

3.JPG.539ea2f2b93b876a855b0eaad00531ef.JPG

4.JPG.5849ee4d3e2065502998ae2bd965bba6.JPG

yes, I live in the cities.....I've only seen one other GRP so far. We are a rare breed here indeed. Hell, I've only seen a relative handful of Legacys for that matter.

I get done at noon on Friday. Talk about a perfect Friday for that. I think the neighborhood thought I was crazy though dragging out the hose and washing the car. It felt good to at least renew the wax. Probably a month or more out from a proper detail I suppose.

It's sad though, this was the first time all winter to get up close and personal with the car after a good wash. I can see way more chipping and marring than I'd hoped for this soon. I probably have about 20 small white specks on the front bumper area. And even though I went into winter with 2 coats of SG and 2 coats of Blitz wax, the side mirrors still look like that (they were flawless before, as I only had the car a couple months). The clear bra seems to do it's job quite well though. Not to mention I now have a small door ding on the driver's side rear....the first one. Well, I guess I've got something to look forward to when I break out the PC for the first time come spring. How I envy you people who don't have sand covered roads in the winter.

I hope that isn't a bottle on your roof!

A friend of mine tried to get me to move to the twin cities...I said no thanks and moved to Texas. Unfortunately Austin is quite dusty since we are in a drought...

I just detailed my wife's car yesterday and found so many rock chips it made me sick. I was talking with my uncle (25-30 years experience as a body shop technician - the man is an artist), and he said I could either go the fill 'em, sand 'em, polish 'em and then spray some clear on it (all "over the counter" so to speak) or just set up a paint booth and redo the whole hood which he said would probably be easier and cheaper (well at least less time consuming) in the long run. I bet you will find the same thing...

Everyone knows you can't do any car detailing without the beer. And think of this you southerners.......I don't have to worry about any beer getting warm sitting around outside. Who needs a fridge when you've got a handy snowbank.

Everyone knows you can't do any car detailing without the beer. And think of this you southerners.......I don't have to worry about any beer getting warm sitting around outside. Who needs a fridge when you've got a handy snowbank.

my beer never sits around enough to get warm ;)

kudos to you for working in 46*. it's probably low 60s here and im not touching soap and water until we are at least 68+ for a solid week. plus, i have a name to up hold. i haven't washed mine in easily 5-6 months :eek:

Kenda:dm:

next time call me u panzee.....2 LGT's getting a detail is better than one

i just want to use the electrical outlet in ur garage man c my stupid apartment garage doesnt have any...freakin apartments suck

!!!...and in return i will help u detail ur GRP

...and a surefire way to avoid those chips.....dont drive it...much.....make it the garage queen like mine LOL

Archived