LegacyGT.com

Chopped up OEM grille

msb175

I like the center in the grill. I going to try to get a spare grill and give it a try. ( if I don't like it I still have my stock grill:lol:).
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

well, i took out the center. but now it looks like all the other ones out there, so i may just put this on the car for now and chop up my stocker and leave the center in. chopped, dremeled, sanded, filled, sanded, but still not as smooth as i like. no time for pics yet....possibly this weekend?

Maybe leave the center and paint everything body color. I was thinking of doing that and trying to have the mesh sit about halfway between the front and back of the grille.

it would kinda look tacky, but if you could mask the hood latch and leave it black would look pretty nice. i have done it to my old accord, and the only complaint i had about it was the painted plastic that used to hide the hood latch.

• 2 months later...
Well, spent the last couple days grinding, sanding and painting. Left the center on, but am debating whether or not I should just get rid of it.

I actually looked at doing the same thing, leaving that center piece, but after about 30 min of looking at it i decided it needed to go it pokes out way to far with having that huge gap thats left by getting rid of the "Chrome Mustache" so i just finished mine of by keeping the chome ring and painting the grille mesh to match the OEM plastic color. I even actually used the Factory front emblem. here you can see it all at

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/pimpfro/DIYJDMG.html

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I actually looked at doing the same thing, leaving that center piece, but after about 30 min of looking at it i decided it needed to go it pokes out way to far with having that huge gap thats left by getting rid of the "Chrome Mustache" so i just finished mine of by keeping the chome ring and painting the grille mesh to match the OEM plastic color. I even actually used the Factory front emblem. here you can see it all at

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/pimpfro/DIYJDMG.html

FYI RBS grill is $300 and not $400 as you stated. RBS grill doesn't use gutter mesh or anything that you can buy from your local hardware store. RBS mesh is powdercoated and not spray painted. :)

• 1 year later...
I think without the emblem it looks like something is missing. Go with the emblem IMHO.http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/170752.jpg
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived