LegacyGT.com

Momo shift knob question

GTSpecB

I bought the Subaru MOMO knob from ny dealer. In general it is very nice. I like the ball compared to the stock knob. Installation is a snap. Just screw it on. Also, very important, the boot snaps into place on the bottom of the knob. HOWEVER, the aluminum knob SUCKS when it sits in the sun. I FRIED :o my hand so much I took it off and returned it. Then I purchased the all leather version of the same knob from an internet parts company. That one DOES NOT screw on and there is no provision for the boot which just sort of sits there. :cry: I didn't like that either so it's back to the stock knob for now.

yup same as pictured.. and as SoldonSubie said, if it sits in the hot sun all day you're gonna burn your hand. I put a glove over it while I'm at work, and it's not as hot when I come out. [img]http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/Legacy/DSCN2870.sized.jpg[/img]

Hmm yes, its a bit of a generic thing, the can buy the same directly from MOMO themselves, just Subaru doing a bit of co-branding. Mines re the Nardi Sphere, do they come in different colours to the one u got and do they have a website ???? Thanks Adam.

• 1 month later...
I like the shift knob, I used to have a Momo ball (non subaru) on my RS untill my friend tried to unscrew it and shreded the tread. (idiot) I think youll find yourself cleaning the top metal portion of it alot, as dirt and dead skin deposit in the 6 little holes there. Nothing a q-tip cant help. The only downside with this one was the pop on know, sat really low on the short shifter and i found myself missing shifts constantly. :oops: I just ordered a Subaru momo for my sisters WRX. It's going to look sweet. :D

• 3 months later...
Guest turboman
To hold up the leather skirt up under your Momo knob just wrap about 10-15 layers of electrical tape just below the shift knob. Put enough on so the boot will slide up tightly. It'll stay up. What I'm thinking of doing is cutting a couple inches off the top of the shifter and then putting on the Momo. Nice short shifter alternative.

[quote name='rao']Wait until it gets cold :D I had one in my WRX for a while.[/QUOTE] Yup - it's cold out and that shifter feels it.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Archived