LegacyGT.com

the '97 LGT hates me!!

I just bought a battery for my recently acquired project car about 1 1/2 months ago and since i've been working on it just here and there (and its not in my possession yet... long story) I left the battery connected not thinking anything of it and low and behold the damn thing wont start now. :confused: Probably just needs a jump but I hope that doesnt mean there is something pulling juice from the battery that I dont know about. I did notice a stereo wire (aftermarket) in the trunk so I better check into that and make sure its not connected somewhere.

BTW - The car has been sitting 11 months, what should I do myself (or have done, if it has to be 'professionally done') before daily driving it. I dont plan on driving it much, just long enough to enjoy it while I keep buying parts and fixing it up and then selling it, but I dont want to sell a car to someone and it give them issues.

the car is an '97 LGT with an automatic trans.

Check the headgaskets first, waterpump and coolant levels. Change the oil and look for if its milky, this will imply that the headgaskets may be leaking and that coolant is mixing with your oil.

Post pics up of this bad boy and lets see what you are working with.

If you need parts for it and cant find them, let me know. Up here in Vermont we have alot of older gen Legacys and junkyards are usually a goldmine

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I dont know how to put the pics up, the one in my avatar (that I was able to change) is basically what it looks like right now. The avatar is a good pic... thats after about 6 hours or rubbet malleting, hammer/dollie, and I did leave the grille and the headlights out for now to see that those were busted up as well.

the car was apparently sliding and rear ended another car at a decent speed 30-40mph?? the front bumper lost 90% of its clips that hold it in, and since it slid under the car that it hit, it stretched the fenders downward about 1" total. Both headlights lost all their plastic mounting brackets, the gille doesnt seem to have any, and the radiator and air condensor are both in need or replacing, possibly along w/ the fan setup and the entire core support. It's gonna be a project, that's for sure, but I've rebuilt cars before, just never one I respected like I do this LGT.

:icon_bigg

send me an email address and i'll send you the other pic I took w/ the front end semi-in shape

Archived