LegacyGT.com

How to install Racing Brake One-Piece Rotors

….The torque specs according to the Subaru dealer who was kind enough to fax me the service page for the rears are:

Bracket to knuckle - 39.1 ft lbs

Caliper bolts to bracket:

Ventilated - 27.2 ft lb (Legacy GT)

Solid rotors - 19.9 ft (Presumably the base 2.5i)...

I see that in the 2008 and 2009 FSM the torque value for the bracket bolts has increased from 39.1 ft-lb to 48.7 ft-lb. I wonder if the bolt size was increased after the 2005 model year?

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm stumped....what are these little guys that came with the rear hardware kit? And where do they go? They're not in the vacation pix or any other schematics I've been able to find, and there wasn't anything like this when I took the rears apart.

TWSLaPy.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/JpXct

I'm also getting what sounds like a little bit of brake drag while driving, and kinda thinking these little guys may have something to do with it.

• 7 months later...
Reviving this thread(hopefully). Changed both fronts And rears using this write up. Very helpful, Just got new to me Front calipers and brackets, I’ve rebuilt the caliper with new pistons and boots. Also have new slide pins but I forgot which side uses the “lock pin” and what side uses the straight pin, Tried em both ways And with/without the rubber grommet seal thing on the lock pin...just want to be sure before replacing rusted old calipers.

Reviving this thread(hopefully). Changed both fronts And rears using this write up. Very helpful, Just got new to me Front calipers and brackets, I’ve rebuilt the caliper with new pistons and boots. Also have new slide pins but I forgot which side uses the “lock pin” and what side uses the straight pin, Tried em both ways And with/without the rubber grommet seal thing on the lock pin...just want to be sure before replacing rusted old calipers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived