LegacyGT.com

Is the Legacy GT SEDAN hard to recognize?

I've driven a few GTs and haven't own one yet (soon....). But I find myself having a hard time recognizing one from the rear. It's very Camry-ish. So these days I find myself staring at Camrys before realizing it's not a GT. In fact only last week, my wife "helpfully" pointed out what she thought was a GT and I had to tell her it's just a Camry! It's just my own observation. Nothing more nothing less. Other than the twin pipes, the rear really resembles the current gen of Camrys. YMMV.

it does somewhat look like a camry, however, is distinguished by a couple of things... 1) Not many Camry's have dual exhausts 2) There is NO chrome above the license plate holders on the Legacy's 3) The taillights in the Camry do not have the 'lines' that go through such as the legacy's. Usually, I just look for the chrome piece above the license plate on the trunk. At least on the Legacy sedans, it doesn't exist -- therefore, if I see it, it's a Camry. peace, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']it does somewhat look like a camry, however, is distinguished by a couple of things... 1) Not many Camry's have dual exhausts 2) There is NO chrome above the license plate holders on the Legacy's 3) The taillights in the Camry do not have the 'lines' that go through such as the legacy's. Usually, I just look for the chrome piece above the license plate on the trunk. At least on the Legacy sedans, it doesn't exist -- therefore, if I see it, it's a Camry. peace, i.[/quote] The general shape is just different. The only thing in common is the turn indicator between the brake lights... In the same light, you can see many similarities between the Legacy and the Previous generation Altimas... :P

Back in the 80's, both were hot and similar looking cars... :) Vintage Legacy Wagon [img]http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/594000-594999/594095_2.jpg[/img] Vintage Camry [img]http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/227000-227999/227149_4.jpg[/img]

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

From the front, I mistake previous-gen Altimas for Legacies all the time. From the rear, yes, I admit it, I mistake Camries for Legacies. The sedan is rather generic, though stylish and elegant. It looks better than the Camry, even as it looks like the Camry. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']From the front, I mistake previous-gen Altimas for Legacies all the time. From the rear, yes, I admit it, I mistake Camries for Legacies. The sedan is rather generic, though stylish and elegant. It looks better than the Camry, even as it looks like the Camry. Kevin[/quote] My thoughts exactly. I too have mistaked Camrys with Legacys. The Camry doesn't look as nice as the Legacy though. The camry has a more bulbous look to it.

I agree. Everything about that car is boring...from its looks to how it drives... It is very reliable, don't get me wrong, but i still don't understand why so many people want to drive a car with no personality to it...

I parked my 2.5i next to a Camry the other day (which happened to be a really similar color to my Atlantic Blue), and I noticed several differences: 1. The Leg is much smaller and sportier 2. Front end of the Leg is much more aggressive looking (compared to a Camry, mind you) 3. While the backs of the cars do look similar, the Legacy's lines make it look much more like an enthusiast's car, while the Camry just looks plain bland. 4. The interior of the Legacy looks so much cooler. The Camry's instument panel looks like it's out of a 95 Corolla. Of course, as a Legacy sedan lover, I'm really biased, but I think you all can sympatize with that :D

Even more so here in Oz as all the cars are debadged so I just look for the tell tail sign of the exhaust system. The POV has smaller tips than the GT, oh and the GT has this big thing in the bonnet, like a slit of something, not sure what that is for though ???? Any ideas ???? LOL Adam.

Hood scoop for the intercooler. [quote name='agctr']Even more so here in Oz as all the cars are debadged so I just look for the tell tail sign of the exhaust system. The POV has smaller tips than the GT, oh and the GT has this big thing in the bonnet, like a slit of something, not sure what that is for though ???? Any ideas ???? LOL Adam.[/quote]

[quote name='Information Society']Hood scoop for the intercooler. [quote name='agctr']Even more so here in Oz as all the cars are debadged so I just look for the tell tail sign of the exhaust system. The POV has smaller tips than the GT, oh and the GT has this big thing in the bonnet, like a slit of something, not sure what that is for though ???? Any ideas ???? LOL Adam.[/quote][/quote] He was joking. :D

I feel like such an ass :lol: [quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='Information Society']Hood scoop for the intercooler. [quote name='agctr']Even more so here in Oz as all the cars are debadged so I just look for the tell tail sign of the exhaust system. The POV has smaller tips than the GT, oh and the GT has this big thing in the bonnet, like a slit of something, not sure what that is for though ???? Any ideas ???? LOL Adam.[/quote][/quote] He was joking. :D[/quote]

Archived