LegacyGT.com

What is turndown service?

PeterJMC

I'm staying at a hotel this weekend and they offer nightly turndown service. What is that?

My many searches through Google and trying to find a hotel guide site that explains it hasn't come up with any hits. I did see one site where someone was trying to do the same search in Google without any luck too. :lol:

I'm staying at a hotel this weekend and they offer nightly turndown service. What is that?

My many searches through Google and trying to find a hotel guide site that explains it hasn't come up with any hits. I did see one site where someone was trying to do the same search in Google without any luck too. :lol:

All it is involves folding back the bedspread, pulling down the banket & sheet to expose the pillows, and they throw a chocolate or two on your pillow.

Basically, it saves you the 10 seconds it takes to do it yourself before you go to bed. IMHO, a useless "service" just designed to get a better tip.

Ron

Well if you are already in bed when the maid comes in.......................

No if her name is Bertha, weights 300 pounds, and she may have originally been a "he". Nice way to yurn "you" down! :lol:

I stayed in a hotel in London a while back on a business trip and they did that every night. They also had towel warmers, which just meant having a pipe with hot water running where they would place the towels.

X

---

Hmm I dont understand the turndown service myself, pull back the blankets and sheets and your done....... then again with Hospital Corners, you could seriously do yrself an injury pulling those things back yrself, hence the reason she is 300 pounds.....

• 6 years later...

Archived