LegacyGT.com

Utah thread

Euclid

[quote name='UtahGT']Hey all, I was just wondering if any of you decided to get the COBB AP flash for your car? I was thinking about doing it and then decided to wait to see if anyone took the leap before I did.[/QUOTE] Just did Cobb Stage 1 on our 05 Legacy GT. I also just bought an AP for my WRX, flashed with Stage 2, and there's no contest whatsoever. The Leg kicks the crap out of my WRX. It was super easy to install the AccessPORT, we saw about a 10% performance increase, the real-time boost gauge is pretty neat, but the real advantage is after you replace the uppipe & downpipe, you'll get another 30 HP or so, and that ain't bad.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were at 19-21 mpg before, 20-22 after the flash now. The difference is negligible.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

How hard would it be for someone who already has the AP flash tool to reflash someone else's car? I was wondering, because I'm willing to pay for the reflash, but not yet ready to pay the 645.00 for the device.

Since the AP marries itself to the car you plug it into, you can't use it to reflash anyone else's car unless you divorce it from yours and marry it to the other. Basically they will only work on one car at a time. Even if you have two Legacys you could only have the AP installed on one of them. Its a limited license that you are purchasing and it won't work on multiple cars. I've heard that you can pay closer to $400 to have your ECU reflashed at a shop, but you wouldn't be able to switch it back yourself. From what I hear I think it is worth it to save up the extra money and just buy the AP. If the performance gains really matter to you then you'll value having the unit in the car with you to get more accurate readings and also to switch maps whenever you want.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Legacy owners! I'm a SLC-er as well... GRP (That's Garnet Red Pearl.. yeah.. RED!) LGT 5MT (with spoiler) here. I'm up for any meets that aren't in the middle of the day on Saturday. Sundays work best for me... always hit me up with a message if anything is going on and I'll try and be there! I put up a post for a meet for July 31st.. be there!

For those that care. I'm getting together with my old S2000 buddies this Sunday (24th) at 9am at the Starbucks in the foothill village. If you want to come you're more than welcome.

• 6 months later...
[quote name='OCDetails'] My father-in-law and I are building a Shelby Cobra kit and that seems to give me my wrenching fix.[/QUOTE] Thats awesome my buddy, his father and I built one of these a while ago the thing was a pain in the butt.Hey did ya hear about the new Shelby club that they have here now?

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I heard about that. Too bad my father-in-law lives in the Sacramento area. I'm trying to get him to move out here though. I want to take that car out to Miller (if it ever gets done) and see what it feels like.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 years later...
[quote name='JDMChizad']Oh no, man... I've been considering moving to Colorado just to get away from the Momos! They're ridiculous. I think 60% of Utah is Mormon and pretty much our entire government is run by the church.[/quote] LOL, I'd have to agree with you. I'm from NM and that's all you see are Mormon Churchs all OVER!! It's like McDonalds on every corner but worse..... No offence to anyone its just something I've odserved while living here in SL...

Well, whatever. Sorry to offend anybody, but the church really does control the government here. There are so many different laws here that no other state has. Most of our government is mormon. These are the facts... But anyhow, I'm not here to argue religion/government. It's good to see more Utah LGT's!

[quote name='SassyLee']LOL, I'd have to agree with you. I'm from NM and that's all you see are Mormon Churchs all OVER!! It's like McDonalds on every corner but worse..... No offence to anyone its just something I've odserved while living here in SL...[/QUOTE] You mean like any place that has a predominant religion? Go to the south and all you you see are baptist churches on every corner, let alone the in your face billboards that litter the side of every road.

Archived