LegacyGT.com

Mid-Atlantic people...check in!

Nick

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Everyone. New to Subaru, new to Mid-Atlantic! Just bought a GT lmtd Sedan, Atlantic Blue with Black int. A/T :/ . Beacuse I am new to subaru (and import cars in general) I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to enhance my car. Im not looking for looks so much as performance. Anywhere from easy to complicated, and cheap to expensive. Just to see what I can do and what REALLY would make a difference. I drove an 86 camry for most of my young life, and now that I have purchased my first new car I dont know what to do with it. :) So any help would be appreciated.

HI! Welcome to the forums!! I am sure I can show you billion things that will be incredibly overwhelming.. not sure if you are familar with REAL RACING Hondas vs. street pocket imports all the way down to full blown import show cars, a Subaru can fit all those descriptions as well. Performance wise there is quite a bit, it's all really depends on how deep your pockets are when it comes do doing some custom stuff as this car is new to the USA market.. In Japan, the GT is a 2.0 litre turbo engine so it's a little bit different things to deal with. The motor we have is in essence an STi with some minor differences for internals. Engine Management via Piggyback chips are in the works and it's possibly the bang for the buck power upgrade. As for suspension, it's just as broad as any given sports car for choices of parts from various companies. Keefe
Keefe

Btw, since you are in Baltimore area, some of the [url]www.nasioc.com[/url] members are having a meet at Mount Airy area on Wednesday night for some Pizza and chit-chats.. there's about at least 5 or 7 of us that own new GT Legacys and half of us are modified already.. Here is the info and hope you can make it (any one is more than welcome to join if you are willing to drive here for the meet): Time for one before it gets really cold outside! last time we had about 20 or so people show up. I met a lot of cool people and saw some very nice cars. Much fun was had by all A special Shoutout goes to the french fry pizza, i am now officially addicted to Ranch Dressing, it goes on everything now, im serious. Unfortunatly, Tom (ClimbnNBouldern) will not be joining us this time, he is studying hard at school up in NY ...hehe anywho -Now for the details: -WHEN- Wednesday November 17th at 7:00 PM -WHERE- New York J&P Pizza (in the Mt. Airy Shopping Center) 400 Ridgeville Blvd. Mt. Airy, Maryland 21771 -After hanging out we can go in and eat around 7:45-8ish There's about 20+ people showing up for this meet.. hope you can make it. Keefe
Keefe

• 3 weeks later...
Metro DC, regal blue gt wagon 5mt, bought in October, now with 5,500 miles. have: wrx pedals, sts, sti pinks coming soon: Cobb AP, sti shifter bushings and tranny mount, sti lip spoiler, boost gauge other plans: rear sway, full exhaust, 18" rims and summer tires
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

[size=2][color=black]Hello All,[/color][/size] [color=black]We are in the Baltimore area, and recently purchased an '05 Outback 2.5i (5-Speed)for my wife and daughter (we are expecting). Extremely pleased so far, having racked up only about 600 miles in our first two weeks of ownership. We replaced the RE-92's with less than a 100 miles on them for a set of BFG Traction T/A's, so far so good, will report more when we have put some miles on them in varying conditions. No other modifications planned, unless I can figure out how to add Satellite radio![/color] [color=black]__________________ ~Scott & Nadia '05 Outback 2.5i Wagon Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic 225/60HR16 BFG Traction T/A's[/color]

[quote name='Xenonk']Should we all have a Mid-A Legacy Meet say sometime AFTER the holiday season? Preferably on a Saturday? At Cherry Hill NJ at SOA!!!?? Keefe[/QUOTE] This is a GREAT idea, and is about 10 minutes from my house. We can then cruise past the Cherry Hill Triplex and honk and laugh because they recently lost their Subaru franchise! -Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived