LegacyGT.com

'96 Legacy keyless entry problem

railcon

I have a 1996 Legacy Outback with keyless remote. When trying to reprogram the remotes today I noticed that the switch in the wiring harness was missing, a brown wire in the harness was broke, and there is a white wire with a black trace coming out of the side of the keyless controller box and just hanging there with a bare end. Anyone have any idea where the switch goes and where the white with black trace wire goes? Also I did get the remotes reprogramed when I turned the ignition on and jumped the brown wire but when I shut the key off and pulled my jumper wire the parking lights flashed for a few minutes before going out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

Thanks, then this problem will be gone once and for all I hope! Have always had some problems on and off with the parking lights flashing and figured it had something to do with the keyless entry and/or the switch on top of the steering column. Next thing I work on is my cellphone hands free installation and see if I can find the website that had the $35 door tweeters then come spring I'm planning a few improvments to the motor!

My parking lights get retarded too from time to time and I have no clue why they do it, the cars just possessed. As for the tweeters, easier than hell to install and for any parts you are interrested in, check my VB garage for whats on my GT and I'm thinking of going for a set of GP-Moto Coilovers this summer to finalize the suspension mods. I'll keep an eye out for you for the tweeters :D

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Thanks! Awesome! That's the site I've been wracking my brain to remember! I bought stuff from them in the past but for the life of me could not remember how to find them! Have to check them out more and see what other toys I can get for my Scooby!

Ok, got the tweeters ordered along with some other things....now it's off to another site to get a set of stock plug wires. I just bought a set of wires off Ebay and one of the wires is to short...I think I got taken on that deal.

Maybe you know, I'm looking for a prerunner or brush bar....I have seen them on a couple other Subarus mainly Outbacks but I do alot of night driving and have to navigate around deer frequently, the bra just doesn't help with deer hits! LOL

I like the lights and would like to add some but I'd rather mount them to a brush bar or something. I'd also like to pick up a hood scoop or find a hood with one that will fit. Then again, my car is a wagon so what can really be done to make it look cool! LOL Was my moms car until dad bought her a new Mercury Mariner. It's a really nice car in great shape but my other car is a 2000 F350 diesel 4x4 that's up for sale cause I don't feel like paying the price for diesel anymore. I'm also looking at getting a Jeep Wrangler for doing the off road thing and make the Subaru into more of a preformance "grocery getter"!

Well could only find them out of Aussieland and not for the 96

http://www.ecb.com.au/model/Outback.htm

the lights I have on mine are mounted on this, not much of a brush bar, but the lights alone at night have saved soooooo many deer (along with the huge hella supertones horns behind the grille

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC00754.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC00752.jpg

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

The bar is from Rallitek

http://rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=359&PP=&HB=&ACC=Y&SP=

But if you ask Sean nicely he might give you a reduced price. He had the bar on this list before and he might still have some to get rid of...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19290

As for the wiring harness for the keyless entry the two brown wires go to the push button switch that reprograms the remotes. Not sure about the white and black, I need to get a flashlight and some good weather to figure out where those are. Damn I know I have the instructions somewhere on how long you are supposed to hold the push button switch for and all that jazz. I'll try to find them and scan it for you

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I put a jumper across the brown wire and was able to program my remotes with the instruction I found in my user manual, the problem is the other wire, I'm thinking it might just be the antenna. When looking at the front of the box with the wire harness connections on top, the white with black trace comes out the left side and is about 12" long. I will check out that site and most likely order that bar if they have one! Thank you!

No prob, if you do get it I recommend repainting the bar with some rustoleum. I did it to mine and unfortuneately i didnt sand it well enough to get the paint to stick in some places, so it has begun to surface rust a bit. The next time I go home I'm gonna pull it off and repaint it and I'll take pics of the mounting and the wiring

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Anyone have any idea why now that I programmed my remotes my lights blink when they want to and my doors lock and unlock on their own? I'm beginning to think the car is haunted now. Didn't have this problem before the remotes were programmed.

Archived