LegacyGT.com

SOA Response to No Manual NAVI Compalaint

Well, I've been on the fence about buying the LGT manual for months. I'm begrudgingly leaning towars buying the MazdaSpeed6 because of lack of Navigation with the 5-speed, lack of MP3 or MP3 player support, and the ridiculous HVAC/Radio integration. I wrote to Subaru hoping someone would pay attention for the 2007 freshening. They were actually pretty cool and didn't give my an expected canned response. Here it is:

Dear Mr. Thomas:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for taking the time to contact us. The most valued opinion of any business is that of its customers. Your comments are valuable to us in that they provide us with a clear picture of our products as seen by our customers.

We appreciate your suggestions for changes to our products. We have taken the liberty of forwarding your suggestions to our Product Planning Department for their possible consideration on future Subaru Legacy models. Input from our owners has been helpful in initiating changes to our newer models. We hope to continually improve our products and we appreciate your comments.

The decision to offer Navigation with automatic transmission models only was based on the demand for this combination. Should the demand change, we would certainly take that into consideration. The Subaru philoshophy is less about content on paper and more about the driving experience, bottom line performance, and Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive that is engineered into the vehicle from the ground up, not an afterthought or modification to a Front Wheel Drive or Rear Wheel Drive vehicle. Understandably, our philosophy will not necessarily be understood nor appreciated by all, but this is the core of what makes a Subaru customer come back to Subaru over and over again.

If you have any further comments or should you need assistance in the future, please contact our Customer Dealer/Services Department by phone at 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783) or by email through our Web site ' Contact Us' section. Thank you for your comments.

Best wishes,

Samir Hasan

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

-----------------------------------------------------------

YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

Hi.

I love you Legacy GT. I can well afford it and have been on the fence for months about purchasing it. Great job for the most part bringing a contemporary, fun to drive, turbo, understated adult car sedan to market that's not pretensious.

I have to say though that I'm really leaning away from your car towards the MazdaSpeed6. I'm sad to say it because I like the Legacy GT package better. However, your poor decision to not offer the 2006 Legacy GT Manual with the Navigation system, combined with the terrible idea of integrating the radio system with the HVAC system has turned my to Mazda.

Yes, I'm aware of the Spec.B features. However, it's limited production, it's MSRP is thousands above the Legacy GT and dealers are gauging on top of it. The features above are common place on all mid-priced entry-level-luxo performance sedans (Speed6, 330xi, A4, TL, 93 Aero, etc.) except yours. I sincerely hope that Subaru makes some improvements and better decision making about the GT package for 2007. Perhaps I will change my mind then.

Thank you.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just came back from CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2006 and i can tell you that there will be tons of portable GPS multimedia players (w/ support for all kinds of video and audio formats, plus video games, etc) available everywhere this year.

This Space For Rent

I would rather have a portable GPS solution that I can put in any one of my cars.

Read the thread about the MS6 on this forum. Computer cuts power, inconsistent dynos.

Then again, a $25 map hasn't failed me either.

You got ripped off on that map bro. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Get the subi. I just bought a new navi from Garmin. The model is Nuvi http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/ and is it probably the smallest full-function car navi out there. It also has an MP3 player application built-in.

I plan to install the Nuvi sometime in the next few weeks into the cubby hole.

Picture Gallery

I have the garmin ique 3600 and im very happy with it, and whats great is when i go out of town and have a rental car i just take it with me, pop it in the 12v outlet and boom i know where i am in another state. :)
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

No, you're right. I shouldn't have included it (the 330xi) in the bunch based on price.

What is that guy talking about???? There is no way you have a 5MT 2005 LGT with NAVI from the factory unless you have a SPEC.B. It never came, and doesn't come, OEM like that. If you believe otherwise, post some pictures.

BTW, I know about the aftermarket NAVI systems. I just wanted the OEM setup because it all ties together beautifully. Plus, it's hooked into the car computer. That's just what I want personally.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

Hi.

I love you Legacy GT. I can well afford it and have been on the fence for months about purchasing it. Great job for the most part bringing a contemporary, fun to drive, turbo, understated adult car sedan to market that's not pretensious.

I have to say though that I'm really leaning away from your car towards the MazdaSpeed6. I'm sad to say it because I like the Legacy GT package better. However, your poor decision to not offer the 2006 Legacy GT Manual with the Navigation system, combined with the terrible idea of integrating the radio system with the HVAC system has turned my to Mazda.

Yes, I'm aware of the Spec.B features. However, it's limited production, it's MSRP is thousands above the Legacy GT and dealers are gauging on top of it. The features above are common place on all mid-priced entry-level-luxo performance sedans (Speed6, 330xi, A4, TL, 93 Aero, etc.) except yours. I sincerely hope that Subaru makes some improvements and better decision making about the GT package for 2007. Perhaps I will change my mind then.

Thank you.

boy, you sure are a sweet-talker. now SOA probably won't offer those features for several more years, just out of spite. :icon_mad:

:[

Yeah. In retrospect, it could have been kinder. The borderline insults weren't necessary. It wasn't intentional. My hands spewed the first thoughts out of my head. I didn't really proof-read as you can tell from the couple of typos and the aggression. I highly doubt one aggressive comment will have any influence whatsoever on their decision making though.

Go with 6sp Accord sedan and you will have VOICE OPERATED NAVI and 244 hp on tap. And as extra benefit you can operate your climate control and CD/radio with you voice too.

If you came to my dealership I promise unbeatable price too. :icon_wink

Go with 6sp Accord sedan and you will have VOICE OPERATED NAVI and 244 hp on tap. And as extra benefit you can operate your climate control and CD/radio with you voice too.

If you came to my dealership I promise unbeatable price too. :icon_wink

Have you driven the new Accord sedan 6sp? Pretty quick 5.8 to sixty. 14's for quarter mile. I'd still rather have the AWD and better handling of the LGT.

- The Mortgage Man

What is that guy talking about???? There is no way you have a 5MT 2005 LGT with NAVI from the factory unless you have a SPEC.B. It never came, and doesn't come, OEM like that. If you believe otherwise, post some pictures.

Look at his stats, he does have a Spec. B.

boy, you sure are a sweet-talker. now SOA probably won't offer those features for several more years, just out of spite. :icon_mad:

Well from msmiths note from CES i think its more convincing the big brass back in japan

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I was disappointed that I couldn't get the Nav. system for my '06 GT, MT, but then I found out that I could get a gauge kit that fits in the same cubby as the Nav. unit. Now I have three cool gauges AND an aftermarket Nav. system, which I don't usually keep hooked up. It's only used for traveling. Now I'm glad that I didn't get the Nav. unit, as I can have both gauges and Naviation.

Have you driven the new Accord sedan 6sp? Pretty quick 5.8 to sixty. 14's for quarter mile.

don't think anyone has driven it unless they ordered one on blind faith alone (or based strictly on mag reviews). i defy you to find a honda dealership that has a single 6MT sedan in stock. 300 automatics, yes. one single, solitary manual.... no dice. i think they made just one for the car rags.

....that looks the same as the 4 cyl version every secretary on the road is driving.

what's your definition of a sleeper?

Archived