LegacyGT.com

Anyone here going to the track Feb 18/19?

Xenonk

I'll be there... dunno if Im going to do the 3 hour enduro or not yet....

I think HPDE1 and 2 are now full with waitlist in effect. HPDE3 is still open.

Im always looking for crew to help... if you want to come down, the more the merrier!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

it's worth just to watch as there's a lot of stuff going on all weekend long:

[All weekend]

HDPE Group 1 (Novices w/ Instructors)

HDPE Group 2 (Veteran Drivers w/ Instructors)

HDPE Group 3 (Veteran Drivers w/ optional Instructors & Riders)

HDPE Group 4 (Instructor Drivers w/ optional Riders)

Drift Practice Event

Sprint Racing (including Practice, Qualifying, & Race Sessions)

[Friday only]

Instructors Clinic

Competition Licensing School

All Race Practices

Test & Tune Sessions

Instructors Practice Sessions

[saturday only]

Time Trials / Autocross Event Saturday (6 heats w/ 6 to 8 runs for each driver)

Enduro Events (Qualifying)

[sunday only]

Enduro Events (Races)

The two courses will be used all weekend long:

Patriot Course (infield)

Full Course (for all events except for drifting and autox/time trial events)

Keefe

Im trying to. Need to find some money though. Still need to sign up for Audi club as well.

Dont wait TOO long.. they tend to fill up.

FYI, the GrandAm races will be at VIR preceeding the Audi event... might be cool to go down early to check those races out.

And dont forget your track pads! I offer every local member further discounts on Carbotech track compounds.... I'll be placing my stocking order for next season soon... so lemme know!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Dont wait TOO long.. they tend to fill up.

FYI, the GrandAm races will be at VIR preceeding the Audi event... might be cool to go down early to check those races out.

And dont forget your track pads! I offer every local member further discounts on Carbotech track compounds.... I'll be placing my stocking order for next season soon... so lemme know!

GOTO Racing with their GT will be there that GrandAm weekend.. I'll will try to make it, but Eric and I both also have a WDCR SCCA autox that Sunday.. I will be signing up for the Audi event soon..

Eric, did you book your room for this event yet? I might just skip out on the AutoX and stay down at VIR for the whole weekend.

Keefe

GOTO Racing with their GT will be there that GrandAm weekend.. I'll will try to make it, but Eric and I both also have a WDCR SCCA autox that Sunday.. I will be signing up for the Audi event soon..

Eric, did you book your room for this event yet? I might just skip out on the AutoX and stay down at VIR for the whole weekend.

Ah crap.. I forgot about Solo2. Dunno what Im going to do yet.... GrandAm races would be cool to watch... but Ive already paid for the season for Solo2.

Im already booked at the VIR lodge ...

speaking of GOTO racing.. Im still pissed at RacingBrake. I think I'll just have to develop my own kit through Precision Brakes and market it. What I really need to do is find a supplier for Alcon calipers... we all know the "mod crowd" is into the bling :icon_tong

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

• 3 weeks later...
just saying hi from the Lodge there's wireless net access all over VIR! it's great! great runs today at 75 degree weather!! hope it warms up somehow tomorrow. Will be posting pics and vids when I get back!

Racing in the snow for the 1st time... that was interesting..... :icon_surp

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

HOLY CRAP -- how could you even see out of your window to stay on the track as long as you did towards the end???

That wasnt the end!!! When I went off, that was lap 1 or 2. Towards the end... I had to tilt my head to see out a little patch of unfogged window :)

I was scared caus I wouldnt have been able to see a flag if one was putup... I pulled in on lap 6... which they ended up checkering... so I finished 6 out of 7 laps. I just couldnt drive anymore.. not worth the risk.

Im uploading Sunday's split sprint/enduro now.. that one is a little more fun. But the problem was since we got no practice time.. half of that race I spent "feeling" the car since I put in a new diff.. and guessing tire pressures. Yes yes... I suck. I was only turning out 2:17s

Here is the Sunday video (163MB 38min):

Right Click, Save As

Patagonian: Did Pete tow there? I saw an enclosed trailer on the way back w/ Subaru STi signage. He was haulin arse!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

does your car not have a window defogger? (i'm guessing you removed the AC?)

No AC, No HeaterCore. Only thing I have is ducting that picks up hot air from the floorpan .. but that didnt get hot enough.

I talked to some other racers who still had HVAC and they still had fogging issues... it was just too cold and damp (plus we were driving too fast down the straights) for the defrosters to work effectively. You'd have to run w/ defroster and windows up for them to work, but they wont allow that.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Archived