LegacyGT.com

In a hurry; hood pins

Project84

Some of you may know that I've recently bought a '97 LGT that was wrecked in the front end... Well last night I had some free time (about 1 hour) and decided to go to the garage and install the temporary hood pins to hold down the mangled hood... BIG mistake.

I learned that installing hood pins SHOULD NEVER be done in an hour, especially if you dont have a drill and you try using your Dremel tool to drill holes in the reinforced hood. :(

So after about 45 minutes of toying with it, I went full force on the small project and accidently measured wrong and now instead of two strategically placed hood pins, nice and clean.... I've got two strategically placed hood pins, nice and clean, and an extra 1/2" hole. :icon_eek:

Here's to me for being such a 'tard. :icon_bigg

Some of you may know that I've recently bought a '97 LGT that was wrecked in the front end... Well last night I had some free time (about 1 hour) and decided to go to the garage and install the temporary hood pins to hold down the mangled hood... BIG mistake.

I learned that installing hood pins SHOULD NEVER be done in an hour, especially if you dont have a drill and you try using your Dremel tool to drill holes in the reinforced hood. :(

So after about 45 minutes of toying with it, I went full force on the small project and accidently measured wrong and now instead of two strategically placed hood pins, nice and clean.... I've got two strategically placed hood pins, nice and clean, and an extra 1/2" hole. :icon_eek:

Here's to me for being such a 'tard. :icon_bigg

sorry but I got a chuckle, and yes we gotta see pics of this, peee-ronto

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

yeah i wasnt too bothered by this since the hood, like stated, was mangled to hell and back and took 10 minutes of rubber 2lb. mallet to get it semi-straightened. The little hole (more than likely) for now will just get filled in w/ some bondo and spray paint.

i'll try to get some pics when I pull it out of the garage. I should have it completely under my possession and driving it in the next 2 weeks.

Archived