LegacyGT.com

Just got back from CES!

msmith

Wow, what a show... the JL Audio booth was slammed and the LGT wagon was a huge hit. I know that a few forum members were there and I enjoyed meeting you guys and demoing the car for you.

It was kind of cool to see that the LGT has a pretty high cult-following out there. I had a bunch of people stop and say... "that is a cool car" and "I'm really thinking about buying one of these"... I even had an 18-year old go get his Dad and come back to tell him that this is the car he wanted... his Dad asked him why he wanted a wagon. :lol:

I even got a visit from a Mr. Sullivan from SOA who is a product planning manager... he got the full demo then I locked him in the car :icon_twis and laid into him with a long list of "constructive suggestions" beginning with "Get your heads out of your butts and put a manual back into the LGT wagon". He was actually very cool and fully aware of all the major complaints we have (no satellite radio, no aux input, no steering wheel controls)... He said its hard to convince the brass back in Japan to approve U.S. market needs but that they will be addressing all those issues in the future.

I also had some people from the OEM audio company that supplies Subaru listen to the car... they asked me how I got it to image like that and I told them they would have to hire us to find out. :icon_bigg

Check out the CES gallery at the JL Audio website (link on main mobile page) for pix. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/index.php

Thanks to all you guys who dropped by and saw/heard the car! It was a lot of fun showing it off!

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

Manville - thanks for being a good 'ambassador' for this little community we have built. Someone with your gravitas voicing the collective opinion can only be a positive step forward in getting SOA to cater to the enthusiast market.

Manville - thanks for being a good 'ambassador' for this little community we have built. Someone with your gravitas voicing the collective opinion can only be a positive step forward in getting SOA to cater to the enthusiast market.

+1! At least they know, although I'm not sure that necessarily makes it better!

tom :)

+2

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

He said its hard to convince the brass back in Japan to approve U.S. market needs but that they will be addressing all those issues in the future.

Thanks, but I think that's plain ridonkulous.. Maybe Japan head orifices can explain why us Canadians get a 5spd LGT Wagon but you American's don't.

Wish I coulda been there.. sounds like a great time though.. kudos for you to give the SOA brass an idea about what the enthusiasts are thinking!

Archived