• 1 or 2
    • 3 to 6
    • 7 to 10
    • 11 or more
    • Swear ta me !

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least 7 but none in 5 years! Got lucky yesterday. I was busy doing a third gear pull for logging purposes and went by a cop in the median at 85 and still accelerating! Yeah for luck or wagon stealth. I wonder if my diagnostic testing excuse would have gain any traction (NOT).

2 in California, 1 in New Mexico, 3 in Michigan, and 2 in Ontario... but none in the last 4 years. I learned my lesson. Sort of.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

3 in total:

115kph in an 80 - 15 years ago in university - cop knocked it down to 15 over.

93kph in a 60 - going to the airport. ticket was under the "airport traffic act" = no points off

70mph in a 55 coming back from skiing in Ellicottville NY about 8-9 years ago. still haven't paid it.

:knocking heavily on wood: haven't had one since, but had a few close calls.

I got busted for 31mph over tuning my legacy gt... got pbj so I gotta be good for a year. Also, got a repair order last week for my open exhaust. Cops are hatin on me. :O)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

so far 5 in 9 years in the US... 3 still on record (one per year). but i drive over 30k miles a year - that's my excuse :lol:

none in europe. it is so easy to bullshit your way out of a ticket - speeding is still no big deal in many places. just have to be nice, polite and funny. :icon_twis

1979- Taking a sick friend home from school: 43 in a 30 MPH zone, down a hill, in a VW Diesel Rabbit.

1990- Up hill, going from a 30 to a 50 MPH zone too soon, in a VW Golf.

2002- Round a bend, down a hill, from a 25 to a 35 MPH zone too soon in an 02 WRX.

I've had probably close to twenty speeding tickets, and maybe 5-6 other violations. It seems like I get about one speeding ticket a year, and if I manage to go three or four years without one, then I get a bunch right after that.

Fortunately, most of my tickets were in Illinois, where they are fairly easy to get out of with court supervision. As a result, I probably had ten tickets that I plead guilty to and paid a fine, but no conviction was recorded. I've had four here in Minnesota that I can think of, and they make it a real PITA to try to keep the ticket off your record. On the last one, I had to appear twice prior to a trial being set, just to ask for a "continuance for dismissal" (similar to Illinois' "court supervision", a form of probation). I even offered to pay an increased fine, but the prosecutor refused to give me the continuance, due to my having had another ticket within the last year. At that point, I had so much time invested that I decided to go to trial, because I had nothing to lose, and there were some irregularities with the ticket. I was eventually found guilty, but that was after taking up twenty minutes of the initial hearing officer's time, probably at least two hours of the prosecutor's time, and three hours of two police officers' time waiting for the trial. All that to collect $125 from me, when I would have been willing to pay $250 right off the bat, in order to have a chance to keep the ticket off my record. I did have fun cross-examining the officers, though.:icon_bigg

Other states I've had speeding tickets in are Wisconsin, North Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming, off the top of my head. The one in Wyoming was for 90 in a 55, because I had been in Montana for several days and was used to the no-speed-limit law (which I believe has since been repealed).

7 -10 range. VW GTI VR6 got me in some trouble in my youth. Pulled over last week in the LGT for the 1st time, 94 in a 65 - awesome trooper gave me a seat belt ticket and a warning! Talk about lucky. Whewwww....time for a radar detector.
My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

God damn, how much those ticket cost you? Your insurance must be high!

$950 in fines, 180 day suspension, and i was deemed a Habitual offender.

I havent had one since 2001. 1996-2001 17 tickets. I have paid over $2000 in fines and lost my licence for a total of 6 months.

I have gotten pretty good at gettin out of tickets, got pulled over in mass for 50 over, got out of it, 18 over in maine, got out of it, its all in how you present yourself..... and being on lucky SOB!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I have gotten pretty good at gettin out of tickets, got pulled over in mass for 50 over, got out of it, 18 over in maine, got out of it, its all in how you present yourself..... and being on lucky SOB!!

It's surprising how many you can get out of when you know what to do. Make your case before they go back to their car with your license and always be polite!! I've dodged at least 5 tickets since I started using this method, for a total of well over $500 and 10 points saved from destroying my driving record... I got a need for speed lol. :lol:

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Archived