LegacyGT.com

Why I actually enjoy being underated...

I was just reading the thread on C&D (AKA: lack of repsect/public recognition/popularity) and it hit home to me becuase of a recent incident I was part of. While getting Comcast Internet installed last week I walked into my garage from my living room and the install guy noticed the front of my car through the door. Direct quote: "Is that a Ferrari? :D I mean, I know it isn't but... what is that? The hood scoop, the agressive eyes, wow..." Can we say happy feeling all over? Even though he had NO clue as to what is was, that actually made me happy, not just the ferrari comment, but I had a unique car that people DIDN'T know about. Not another 3-series, not another Jetta, not another Civic... I truely have a unique car. In all the banter about lack of respect and public notice of what great machines we all own, there is something to be said about being underated and just below the horizon... sometimes being that guy with the "ferrari" in his garage can be fun. What do you think?:munch:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yeah I love it for that factor. No one knows what it is and with the badges off they are guessing even harder. I have had people think that it is a Ford Focus. Total sleeper and I never see another one on the road.

I actually had some guy ask me what kind of car I had when leaving Wendy's the other day. He complimented my car and I left happy. That says something about the lack of advertising for Subaru. I mean if the guy likes the car but doesn't even know what it is, then Subaru isn't getting the message across that there is more to Subaru than the outback wagon

No no no, don't you understand all Ferraris are red! So your car being red of course teh firs assumption is that it was a Ferrari! Duh! (homer simpsom Duh!) :icon_bigg

But for real, this is the one thing that attracts me the most about the LGT, the fact that you almost never ever bump into another one on the road, and if you do, chances are that it is not a complete clone of yours! Yay for my Camry...eeer...I mean Legacy!!! :icon_tong

X

---

^^^ AMEN! What do you mean red cars with tan interiors aren't all Ferraris?:eek: I really enjoy the fact that when I sell this beautiful beast for a LGT STI in two tears (Please? Maybe?) that I can truly say it's RARE. Only one year of the GRP/Taupe combo!!! YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!:)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Guest *Jedimaster*
I get a lot of that too. "Hey Jim- when'd you get the Lamborghini?" "Excuse me, but how is it that a teacher can afford a Bentley?" "When did they start making Porsche's with a station wagon body?". It's just part of the fun.

A dude in an older Supra pulled up to me at a light yesterday. I could tell he wanted to pull in front of me so he could cut in front at the next light to take a left. Well, off the line we both punched it and i left him... at the next light he pulled up and mouthed W-T-F... opened his window and asked what kind of car is that? I said, "It's an Outback." He said Nooooo Waaayyyy as the light changed...

I think there are two reasons there are so many Soobys in a community this size. One, AWD is real nice around here during the winter...there are also tons of Outbacks around here...but,this is really SUV country. I also own an Explorer my wife usually drives, but I use it for towing the boat in the summer and ice fishing in the winter.

Two...the local dealership is also a Chevy dealer, and one of the best dealerships in the state. They really take care of their customers and, I've found, are great to deal with.

Yeah, and even cooler when someone does know what it is, they are sooo excited to talk to you about it. The few people I've run into that recognize the LGT, rave about it and are SOOO curious about it.....makes it fun.....

Mines been called a sicon to a camry to wtf is that.....

I love be'n in a car that is unoticed, under the radar......:D

yeah got compliments from the costco tire guy, looks like a lexus (wait, is that good or bad?) still love looking at my baby every morning. there are 2 others on my street. a silver GTL and RB 2.5.

I too like the "anonymous" factor of the LGT, I have seen exactly 4 GTs other than mine since I purchased in August '05, and one RBP 2.5i!! No one has called mine a camry yet, but I'm sure that'll change. I have had compliments on it, mostly from OB owners and a few more mature WRX/STi people.:) Only had 1 civic with a "Heineken keg can",where the muffler once was, ever rev at me:laugh: . There is definitely something to be said for operating slightly below the radar.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I don't see many LGTs on the road either, so it is kind of nice. But imagine my surprise at the irony when I saw another spec.B on the road... lol.

People react very well to the car, especially once they're inside. The interior really is awesome - the dash is so clean and well put together - and the nav has quite the "bling" factor :D .

I just can't wait to do a little ECU tuning and wake it up a little bit!

Yeah, and even cooler when someone does know what it is, they are sooo excited to talk to you about it. The few people I've run into that recognize the LGT, rave about it and are SOOO curious about it.....makes it fun.....

Absolutely.

In the four months of owning this car, I have had only one person come up to me and rave about it at a Christmas party. That person was a WRX wagon driver and the two of us used to work in the same branch.

-Jim

Sleeper effect is nice, real nice actually. I haven't got any comments in public yet, but I notice alot of looks from people.

Conversely, there is also a lack of respect from some around these parts. So I have deemed it my job to teach them what respect for the Legacy is. Usually with a noseful of exhaust.

But seriously, this is one awesome car with an understated appeal. I feel bad for all the Honda/Toyota owners that didn't have the guts to buy one. Being a convert, I can say it was a great decision.

getting beat by an outback XT is prob. the most unkind ass-whupping for some guy in a porsche :lol:

is that a cairn in your avatar?

I agree....

Yes that is a Cairn, and I am super surprised you knew what he was..Most people have no idea what they are, or how to say it. Another understated thing in my life..I love him alot more than my car though.

His name is Digby, he goes everywhere me and the legacy go. He also helps me tune it, trying to teach him to hand me wrenches. :)

Archived