LegacyGT.com

Should I put a Cobb Catted Gesi Downpipe on?Or leave stock?

05 GT stock engine,IAG air oil separator,Borla headers,Invidia up pipe,Cobb intake, Invidia cat back.Accessport.150k on the engine.Not sure If putting downpipe on is worth my time and 💲?What you guys think.

Sure. The stg2 map has been safe and enjoyable for me over the last 80k miles. Only thing that stinks is how much a catted downpipe costs these days.

I’d ditch the intake and go with the stock intake setup though too fwiw

Posted (edited)

Kinda confused with all the Green shit.One shop told me I need $1500 EWG setup and a $700 tune for the Stage 2.For  30 HP and better chance of blowing up? Doesn't seem worth it at the moment.When I can just use stock and put the Stage 1+ on it and save some money.I just use it to drive to work 70 miles round trip on the Highway.

Edited by Elvis

So what next? Everything listed is on the car including Cobb downpipe,which Iam thinking about taking off throwing it in the corner w my catless downpipe also ..No tune  Stock ECU haven't connected Accessport .Car starts sounds awesome throwing P131 code only .But now scared to even drive without any tune . Should I just eat it and get pro tune?Or put stock Downpipe back on and use Stage 1+ map?Thanks Guys

If I were you:

Replace the front O2 sensor (p0131 code) - Denso sensor from rockauto and O2 socket from parts store

Make sure there are no other engine codes

Replace the intake back to stock

All other maintenance up to date

Install stg2 map and use the best fuel available to you

Check and add oil as necessary 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BoozeRS05 said:

If I were you:

Replace the front O2 sensor (p0131 code) - Denso sensor from rockauto and O2 socket from parts store

Make sure there are no other engine codes

Replace the intake back to stock

All other maintenance up to date

Install stg2 map and use the best fuel available to you

Check and add oil as necessary 

+1 to this.

Stg 2 OTS tune is ridiculously cautious. I'm running an ELH + GS Catted DP + 2.5" Borla + JMP Custom VF40. So plenty lots more flow and boost than the usual Stg 2 DP swap, and my long term fuel trims are still pulling a little fuelling.

Like the main reason I need to get a pro tune is to reduce my fuel consumption vs the Cobb OTS. I can unlock a few more psi at the same time, so good? But I would do exactly what @BoozeRS05 said, including ditching the intake. Even with the COBB (SF) tune for them, they still make your idle crap unless you have everything aligned juuuuuust right. Then every time you touch the filter box or whatever, it ruins it. Stock intake is true cold air, and good for 300+ hp. You're nowhere near the limit of it's flow.

ED NOTE: I also have a 15k km old AEM fuel pump, so that may be part of my running rich problem, but a healthy stock pump should be juuuust fine too. Hell, sell that catless DP so someone who only drives on tracks and upgrade the pump if you want to be super safe.

Edited by KZJonny

I don't have the sensor in the uppipe.Couldnt get old one out and could not figure out what replaces it.I replace the other 2 o2 sensors.Do I need it,and what the part #?

You need to make sure you car is running in good condition with the miles it has before you decide to do anything. I do not really even recommend cobb OTS unless your going to the pro tuner that day. The OTS is not for you to drive on for a long time. The parts are fine if your going to the tuner that week.

2++ years on an OTS tune and the only downside is burning more ‘safety’ fuel than needed.

I agree that is you get much past some exhaust mods + DP you really do need a pro tune. But for the simple bolt-on stuff, COBB is safe, if not tailor made.

Data-log your results. If they’re fine, run it. You should do the same for a pro tune anyway.