LegacyGT.com

Motor Trend - LGT.B vs MS6

Well hey to each his own...

In Japan Subaru has been considered a performance-focused brand for over a decade now. Options have nothing to do with the fact that their autos have been historically different in the US market. Unfortunately, I think the soft reputation that Subaru has earned in the US is hard to shake, and the expectations are subsequently different.

By haters I meant the people who get mad whenever someone talks about how much they like the LGT. There are quite a few here. I always cringe whenever I use a positive superlative on this site, waiting for the flames to come about how crappy LGTs are.

Funny how people look at things differently. For you performance is only important on a long stretch of highway? The way I look at NYC driving is, it's all about stoplight to stoplight, and short, sprinty aggressive moves (2nd ave comes to mind). That's why I like the added axis of maneuverability that a quick car provides.

My cars (like most NYC cars) get really bad bumper scratches from the occasional street metered parking so paint quality means nil to me, the car's always going to look like hell unless you never park on the street. I always gag when I see a spankin new new Benz or Lexus with really dogged bumpers.

I acknowledge I'm an odd demographic... But if everyone else is making complaints about minor items I thought I would as well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, there is no reason why Subaru cant be both fun and maneuvarable, as well as nicely screwed together on the inside and outside. Other cars that cost lest than the GT have more scractch proof interiors.

I'll give you that... the floormat is a minor example but proves your point.

Hey man, happy driving... Honk if you see an Atlantic Blue Pearl LGT flying down 2nd ave... Actually, everyone honks, maybe wave or something.

I still don't understand why Canada recieved its Motortrends before us. It must not be the "Serious Version"

Its the ice... our postal trucks ride on skates so tehy can achieve a terminal velocity of elevnty billion resulting in instant well-edited deliveries ;)

I have it, but no scanner, either.

The error mine has is that the front page of the article is two facing pages, one and a half being picture, half copy.

When I flip the page, there are two facing pages of half graphics/photos, and half a page of copy each. The left page (2nd page of the article copy) is a redundant copy from the page before, truncated a bit as it reaches the bottom margin. The third (right facing) page of copy starts anew.

I can't tell if the third page copy starts where the first page left off, or if there is a half a page of text missing that should have been on the second page of the article, and was overwritten by a duplication.

Archived