LegacyGT.com

STI Muffler Noise Emission Report / Data

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

Does anyone has a sound test report / certificate for the noise level of the STI Sports Muffler (Part number: ST4430021001)  FOR B4 TURBO? 

Thanks in advance.

ST4430021001_1.jpg

Edited by Georgeikm

9 hours ago, silverton said:

Probably not.  But as it is a OE provided muffler it has to be within some sort of regulation for noise.

Thanks.  It is actually not loud.   But governments / authorities can be a pain on this.  

All heresay unless the author will testify or testing is done by a govt approved facility.

If you are that worried about being pulled over for a muffler you should MOVE.  Your freedom is an illusion perpetrated by the puppet master and you are a marionette. 

I don't agree with everything in the state I relocated to, but what drove me straight bat sh^t crazy where I was is at least considered bat sh^t crazy where I am now. 

3 hours ago, m sprank said:

All heresay unless the author will testify or testing is done by a govt approved facility.

If you are that worried about being pulled over for a muffler you should MOVE.  Your freedom is an illusion perpetrated by the puppet master and you are a marionette. 

I don't agree with everything in the state I relocated to, but what drove me straight bat sh^t crazy where I was is at least considered bat sh^t crazy where I am now. 

We have mandatory inspections.  This STI muffler should pass the noise test as it is not as loud as most aftermarket sets.  All I need is just some paper to prove it.

I understand.  Driving is not a constitutionally protected right.  It is a govt licensed priveldge.  Well, take back some of your priveledge and move.

We have inspections here too.  But unlike  in Commifornia, they are reasonably priced and based on PUBLIC SAFETY.  Not some "officers discretion" BS about x decibels of noise at y speed and z feet of distance. 

Subaru and STi do not advertise sound pressure levels from exhaust components marketed/sold.  Unless CARB has begun testing and publishing results (I doubt it as the last time I participated in CARB product testing it cost around 7 figures per part tested) you are SOL.  If an inspector gives you grief, pack up the wagon and leave the state for more friendly lands. I did.

Since soldiers came home from WWI it has been an American tradition to modify cars.  NASCAR (the all American motorsport) grew its roots in the Prohibition Era.  The first cars and drivers were mainly liquor running outlaws. FACK those who demand the end of turning wrenches for fun.

1 hour ago, rhino6303 said:

I don't think OP is in the US.

Location?

Yeah.  I’m in Singapore.  They are a bit anal on these regulations and inspections.  That is why I am trying to find some paper on this. 

That changes things.  A Unitary Parliamentary Republic.  I guess your freedoms are limited too.  I have no personal experience. 

But, I suspect that you would have better luck searching Asian based information databases rather than reaching out to a USDM based group.  While the community here may be larger, the wealth of knowledge once gathered has been lost and many of today's members are not as well versed with their cars as the members of yesterday.

13 hours ago, m sprank said:

That changes things.  A Unitary Parliamentary Republic.  I guess your freedoms are limited too.  I have no personal experience. 

But, I suspect that you would have better luck searching Asian based information databases rather than reaching out to a USDM based group.  While the community here may be larger, the wealth of knowledge once gathered has been lost and many of today's members are not as well versed with their cars as the members of yesterday.

Yeah, trying my luck everywhere now.  Thanks