LegacyGT.com

Mirrortap for Radar?

I have a mirror mount for my Uniden R7 radar. I also have the Mirrortap that I used on my previous Crosstrek.

However, this is my first Eyesight vehicle and don't want to mess anything up with that system. Does anyone know if there's switched 12v by the rearview mirror? If so, which wires can I put the pins in from the mirrortap?

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, dohturdima said:

Yeah. This is what I did in my Crosstrek but the wiring looks completely different on my Legacy. I think it has to do with the new rearview mirror or something. 

On 4/30/2024 at 8:47 AM, IcyFridge said:

I have a mirror mount for my Uniden R7 radar. I also have the Mirrortap that I used on my previous Crosstrek.

However, this is my first Eyesight vehicle and don't want to mess anything up with that system. Does anyone know if there's switched 12v by the rearview mirror? If so, which wires can I put the pins in from the mirrortap?

I would not even mess with it.

On a side note I run Valentine Ones on all my cars.  Never have gotten a ticket. They are miles ahead of any other product.

Just now, MoleMan said:

On a side note I run Valentine Ones on all my cars.  Never have gotten a ticket. They are miles ahead of any other product.

I’d get a V1 Gen 2 but hey… $$$ and the R7 has been great to me. It’s not as visible (I’m deaf). Is the V1G2 eye catching? 

I’ve been running my coiled wire to the glove box and got used to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2024 at 7:22 PM, MoleMan said:

Yeah, that part is debatable: https://www.vortexradar.com/best-radar-detectors/

Vortex has been spot-on with his reviews and testing, and while V1 G2 is a nice detector I would never get one that is not able to detect the full range of frequencies (Gatso etc). Uniden R8 > V1 G2 for that reason alone, and I would choose an R7 over it as well for that reason. That is my personal preference though - V1G2 is excellent when paired with aftermarket apps, and it is much better at locking out falsies though this functionality. 

Edited by dohturdima