LegacyGT.com

Ads on Mobile

I've been using LGT.com on my iphone (Safari) for a few years now, and just started getting ads all over the place yesterday.

Makes navigating the site pretty hard and very annoying. Is this a browser thing on my device, or am I just due in for another donation to keep things ad-free.

Happy to throw a little more money at this place, since it is still a crazy font of knowledge and regularly saves my bacon.

But strange to me that one day I just got clobbered with ads.

Following this:

Just noticed my "I Donated" status is gone, but it is not for some others.

Did we have some kind of reset of profile values? Or is this perhaps a glitch?

Again, happy to do something to restore the functionality of my mobile use, etc...

Any chance you got logged out on the mobile browser?

If you are still logged in, then it might be related to a status change on your account.

I don't know of any event that happened, that's beyond the realm of moderators.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, boxkita said:

when ads show up, i close 8 million tabs on my phone and log in again. fixes every time.

i think its a safari problem as it happens on other sites too

I will try that.

47 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

Any chance you got logged out on the mobile browser?

If you are still logged in, then it might be related to a status change on your account.

I don't know of any event that happened, that's beyond the realm of moderators.

Yeah. I logged out and back in. I think the second thing is more noteworthy... that I used to have the "I Donated" user status in blue, below my name.

Now I am just a member, hah! I don't know if non-donating members always have ads or something like that? I do not have any on my computer useing Chrome tho, so I'll keep messing around with things and see what happens.

EDIT: Tried on Chrome as well. No dice. Ads there too. Closed all windows in both browsers and turned the phone off then back on again. Strange. The ads make browsing on my phone nearly impossible, they're in the way of critical functions, and trying to close them inevitably opens them instead. (This is why I pay for subscriptions to most anything I use regularly...)

Thanks all.

Edited by KZJonny

Posted (edited)

Tried sending Tide a PM.

Who is the most active Admin, if anyone? I know not many post here much any longer.

..... maybe this is because I wrote about possibly selling my BP Outback and getting a GD wagon? ...

😬

Edited by KZJonny
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

Tide is the admin, he's the only person that can help answer your questions as far as I know.

Figured. Thanks dude!

I tried to enter the donation station, and it is a bad link, or closed or some such...

Hopefully get an answer in a while. Appreciate your chiming in.

• Like 1