LegacyGT.com

05 LGT tgv flaps

Had cel light for LH intake runner stuck open. Looks like at resting the driver side flap is fully closed in the housing and the piece the sensor attaches to is in the vertical position. Passenger side is completely opposite with the flaps fully opened and sensor piece in horizontal position. 
Is this normal, should they both be closed or open? 
Also this sensor is all mangled, garbage get a new one? 

IMG_2930.jpeg

If you're getting a CEL for that, it's either the motor or the sensor beginning to fail. I have the same problem, but it is erratic and tends to go away if I turn the car off and start it again.

In my case, I pulled the TGV butterfly plates, so that if something ever does fail, the car will still run normally, not have 2 cylinders blocked off from getting air. (TGV deletes not being an option for people like me on COBB tunes....)

There is also a procedure for installing and calibrating the TGV sensors and motors.... You need to move the blades/butterflies to the correct position before installing the rest, etc.... it's somewhere in the FSM. I'm sure you'll come across it.

Circling back aroung to this, I realized that if the TGV plates are not in the same orientation at 'rest' something is very wrong. There is spring tension on the bar/plates that is acted against by the motor to close them.....

Double check the install and calibration instructions  to make sure the spring tension and plate alignment is good when installing.