LegacyGT.com

Looking at a 05 legacy ej20y just trying to find the right one. I’ve found one with 221,000km (141,000mi) super clean body and interior based off of pictures owner claims to have done a lot of work he’s listed turbo@120,000km, timing belt@131,000km oil changes every 5k and always filled with 94 has receipts for all work done and says more has Been done then what’s listed in the ad those are just the most notable. Stock trans and motor. Seems like they’ve taken good care of the car has it listed for $8900cad. Is it worth it?

Where you at dude? No information in the profile. Buying a car in Canada, I assume with kms and CAD...

Few questions. Why do you want an EJ20Y? That automatically means you're dealing with an engine swapped car, which is bound to be a headache. (Or are you looking at JDM imports? Which is a different headache with RHD, and that almost nobody here will be able to help you.....) Want to share the ad, so we can take a look ourselves? Unlikely anyone here is going to buy it out from under you.

Kind of impossible to judge if the car is worth that money, but my gut says "no". Far too many unknowns. Manual/auto, sedan/wagon... really needs a compression + leakdown test and verified number to get even an idea of engine health etc....

~$9K CAD is TOP dollar for an LGT unless meticulously maintained at this point. I would pay that for a pristine manual wagon with 100k kms, but probably not anything else.

47 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Where you at dude? No information in the profile. Buying a car in Canada, I assume with kms and CAD...

Few questions. Why do you want an EJ20Y? That automatically means you're dealing with an engine swapped car, which is bound to be a headache. (Or are you looking at JDM imports? Which is a different headache with RHD, and that almost nobody here will be able to help you.....) Want to share the ad, so we can take a look ourselves? Unlikely anyone here is going to buy it out from under you.

Kind of impossible to judge if the car is worth that money, but my gut says "no". Far too many unknowns. Manual/auto, sedan/wagon... really needs a compression + leakdown test and verified number to get even an idea of engine health etc....

~$9K CAD is TOP dollar for an LGT unless meticulously maintained at this point. I would pay that for a pristine manual wagon with 100k kms, but probably not anything else.

Yes should’ve added more detail there. It’s an RHD import, manual, wagon I’m in Canada 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/7799765116714910/

Looks clean!

Good candidate to at least go and have a look, or ask about having a mechanic check it out, if you're good spending the money. There isn't *a lot* of support here for the JDM versions, but if it isn't engine or ECU related you'll get plenty of help.

Were all the EJ20Y's TD04 turbos? That doesn't seem right to me, but I'm not a JDM expert by any means. I looked at importing a GT originally, but decided for myself the lack of support was a pain, and I wanted the displacement and torque from the the EJ255/7. Lived in RHD places long enough I prefer to be on the correct side of the car as well, hah!

Same year and colour as mine, and I am immediately jealous of how little rust there is! 

Welp, that does look like an incredibly clean specimen. Lots of JDM aero bits that at the very least look aggressive. Price is reflective of owner’s pride more than current market rate tho, imho. I would definitely ask more about the motivation for turbo swap, waaay too many sob stories here about new owners unaware of the history/potential of glitterbombs. And second KZ on compression/leakdown professional assessment before purchase. The questions to ask yourself are Do I have a war chest for mechanical issues or a garage w a lift and the tools to tackle? Am I at a point in my life to buy my dream car even if it comes w a side of nightmare?
My engine/turbo/trans remain stock, I’m third owner and having a gorgeous wagon still induces anxiety from time to time. Issues aplenty will arise, due to age more than anything. Things fall apart. Think it over well and good luck with purchase. And I will say the silver/black aesthetic is a very nice combo. 

• Like 1