LegacyGT.com

How did you attach your JDM (nonSTi) lip spoiler?

fweasel

Just got my JDM lip spoiler from Myles at GTWORX and it looks better in person than any of the photos. My question is for those who have already installed it, did you use just the adhesive tape, or did you drill into the deck lid? If you used only the tape, how is it holding up?

I live in Chicago and my car is parked outside all year. It will see snow, salt, freezing temps, 100+ degree summer days and 100% humidity. I would rather not drill new holes if I don't have to.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Just got my JDM lip spoiler from Myles at GTWORX and it looks better in person than any of the photos. My question is for those who have already installed it, did you use just the adhesive tape, or did you drill into the deck lid? If you used only the tape, how is it holding up?

I live in Chicago and my car is parked outside all year. It will see snow, salt, freezing temps, 100+ degree summer days and 100% humidity. I would rather not drill new holes if I don't have to.

As long as you do a little prep work, there's no need to drill.

Critical for good adhesion: make sure the mounting surface is clean, dry and warm.

Check my post HERE for more details.

Well, it's on... sort of. I decided that the adhesive tape would be enough to hold it down. I cleaned the deck lid, warmed it up (thanks TRS) and dropped it on. Perfectly centered, looks great. Problem is, the middle portion of the leading edge is not sticking, almost two feet worth. While I had time to relift one of the edges, I confirmed that the tape was indeed sticky, the deck lid was clean and tried again. No stick. When I press down firmly on that edge, it's as if the tape is not even coming in contact with the lid.

I'm going to try and take it to a body shop and see if they have a thicker piece of adhesive tape. Problem is, I have to pry the entire thing loose without cracking it, scrape off all of the old tape and then reprep the spoiler bottom and deck lid. Fun.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I actually removed the stock tape and installed 3m body shop dual sided stick tape and used alcohol on the trunk and then with 3 people slowly attached it. We got it PERFECT !! .,.....................until the wife backed into a pole at work....URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..., then we got the 06 Spec -B 2 months later, and it all went away.

Take some pics and send to me, maybe I can help.

Myles@ Racecomp/GTWORX.

Archived