LegacyGT.com

Picked up this 2010 LGT 6spd, loving it!

Hey folks, picked up this 2010 legacy gt turbo 6spd a couple weeks back in Edmonton and am loving it. So far no major issues, spent the day swapping in new rotors and pads, along with a new headlight assembly to fix a broken socket.  All new oils in diffs/trans and engine, few other small goodies and a much needed clean early this morning. American import 170k miles, this new project is definitely  going to scratch the itch 🫥🤯  

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8100.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

IMG_8112.jpeg

IMG_8111.jpeg

• Like 2

She is pretty clean for up here in Edmonton, though currently much of the spring's plan is refresh/maintenance for peace of mind.  This past weekend doing the brakes, I found a few little leaks/sweats/concerns that I made a list and want to tackle over the coming weeks.  Over on the fb/reddit LGT pages, I have been told by a few people these came stock with 18's and looks like the previous owner downsized the rims/tires during the winter to 17's so I believe that is my priority for the next 2-3 weeks.  After that is full new 2013 Legacy/Outback suspension swap for the KYB's and either stock or a small lowering coil.

Then the real fun begins.  Tune, new BPV, plugs, charge pipes (if any exist) and a new exhaust.  Thinking magnaflow from the dp back, though Ill keep the cats.  Along with that, I would like to stiffen up the bushings/mounts throughout and go with the Perrin shift stops along with a short shifter, see if I can lessen the slop.  I dont think anything radical like a bigger turbo (built a ZFR into a cobalt a few years back, more headache than it was worth), so itll be plug-n-play stuff till it gets stored in the winter.

Am I way off base here with anything in your opinion?  Any good anecdotes from your 2010 (from your pic sig)?

Thanks for checking the new ride out!

all sounds like a good plan to me!  the 18s will definitely fit better. if you wanna upgrade you can pick up some wrx or sti wheels, 15 or 20 mill adapters from 5x100 to 5x114.3 will get em sitting flush.  tune is the biggest improvement you can do to these cars...the horsepower gains isn't huge, but the gobs of torque everywhere really liven up the car.  BPV, plugs and new coils are good miantenance, same with all the fluids and everything you've done/are doing.

mevotech makes new front control arms with stiffer bushings, worth the change.  rear sway bar from an sti (19 or 20 mm) really tightens up the rear end...front is impossible to change unless you raise the engine, and that's...a w hole thing.  the perrin shifter stop is a must, makes a huge difference.  everyone raves about the clutch damper delete...if you're chaning clutch fluid, that's a good time to do it.  i've got the part sitting in my shed, but haven't done it for 6+ years...soon though. 

i'll be doing the kyb/OE springs this spring, so i can't comment on that but i've heard it's a huge difference, i'm excited to see that myself.  sounds like you've got a good old plan for the car to get it kinda where it should have been from the factory.  hope you enjoy it! 

• Like 1

Thank you for all the feedback and advice, just what I was looking for!  My initial plans for my last few builds have always revolved around the "non-fun" maintenance crap that gives you a good build base before you start adding hp to it.  Too many friends in clubs through the years have gone straight to power, blowing something prematurely along the way.  Something I had to learn also myself with my '09 cobalt turbo back in the day.

One thing thats new to me would be the clutch damper delete, sending me down a rabbit hole in my office today!  Away I go :)

Definitely jump on a rear sway bar. I’m not aware, but if the corresponding STi part is plug and play, it’s a great upgrade for cheap. I installed one on my 2014 Forester, which is 20mm and I got one for $50 locally

• Like 1