LegacyGT.com

https://charm.li/Subaru/2011/Legacy F4-2.5L SOHC/Repair and Diagnosis/Lighting and Horns/Testing and Inspection/Headlight System/

There look to be 3-4 sensor / paths to test -  Go stepwise thru this triage. I would suspect wiring, where I live it's not uncommon for rats / squirrels to chew on stuff - also would check the ground straps  - you can have wierd stuff happen if they are torn up. (either bad ground strap on the engine or bad ground in the bcm path)

• Thanks 1

Did you install the bulbs correctly?  If you don't have them aligned in the socket the beam pattern is so poor they're basically DRL's.  See the tab in the lower left of the socket?  You won't believe how many times I find these bulbs installed crooked.

2e685945-3bca-11ee-91c5-0050562701a7r.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, silverton said:

Did you install the bulbs correctly?  If you don't have them aligned in the socket the beam pattern is so poor they're basically DRL's.  See the tab in the lower left of the socket?  You won't believe how many times I find these bulbs installed crooked.

Can you even get the clip to close if they aren't in right? It seems like you would bend the crap out of them.

Edited by peril

4 minutes ago, peril said:

Can you even get the clip to close if they aren't in right? It seems like you would bend the crap out of them.

Yes, it's possible, I've misaligned them thinking they were correct several times on the first try. 

13 hours ago, peril said:

do not underestimate people. where there is a will there is a way.

s-l1200.thumb.jpg.1badd284fa7a44a72e2c0cd3a2e54d0d.jpg

The DRL is the high beam bulb at reduced power.  The next 10-14 legacy/outback I get I will take a picture of what the low beam should look like when the low beam bulb is positioned correctly.

Edited by silverton
  • Thanks 1