LegacyGT.com

AZ stage II?

elpete77

I don't check it often either, didn't even know it existed till recently.

I was wondering about driveability, problems (leaks, overheating, cels), and overall opinions. I've never worked on imports, mostly old chevys (327, 350ci), I'm not afraid to turn a wrench but have some trepidations.

I love the car stock, but always want to go faster without sacrificing too much reliability.

Rodan, are you in the Flagstaff area?

No driveability problems whatsoever. I've been 'stage II' for around 7k miles. In fact it improved driveability somewhat by tweaking the DBW values, and improving the 'studdering' in the midrange. If you love the car stock, you'll REALLY like stage II. I went 13.40s at Speedworld.

I'm in the Prescott area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lets say March 4th. Thats a good notice. How about A cruise to Jerome.

1)We could meet at 10:30 at I-17 & Bell.

2)Hang out, meet each other, take pics, I can print out some MapQuest directions of the route

3)Around 11:00-11:20 drive up to Anthem and fill up/get drinks, munchies or whatever at Chevron/Del Taco.

4)Head on up to Jerome for some twisties. We can stop in Jerome for lunch, walk around or whatever you guys/girls want.

5)Decide if we want to go East or West from there, and cruise back to town.

It would take from around 10:30 - 6:00 ish id say.

Anybody down? Or Tortilla flats. Or cruise around town, central, scottsdale, etc.

The 4th works OK for me.

As far as a drive, I would recommend you head out 74 then North on 60 to Wickenburg. From there take 93 to 89 North into Prescott. The drive is much nicer, and better twisties (Yarnell Hill and White Spars) - just watch for DPS on Yarnell Hill. From Prescott, take 89A into Jerome for lunch (the Brewery is pretty good), then through Cottonwood and back to 17. Alternatively, you could go back over Mingus Mtn to Prescott Valley and take 69 to 17.

Another option is an earlier departure and breakfast in Prescott.

Archived