LegacyGT.com

2024 Legacy Premium w/option 13 cost to add CD player

Well... Here's my first post to the seventh generation forum after 8 years in the sixth generation forum so hello everyone!

Just took delivery of my new 2024 after my '19 Sport was totaled. The other driver ran a red light. Luckily I had a dashcam.

My package does not have a CD player and, well, my wife and I are Gen X so we still play CD's in the car.

SOA parts look to be $600-$800 or so.

I haven't downloaded the Service Manual yet to see if the harness is already installed.

Dealership will likely charge waaay too much.

Anyone add a CD player to their seventh gen yet?

Installed myself on a 2022 base model. Not too difficult. If the CD is still listed for 2024, it should plug in if that's what you mean to ask. 

You can buy the CD player accessory (the one that goes in the center console) for $320 (MSRP - can be found about $50 less online (probably $30 less once you figure shipping) - part number for the kit is H621SAN000.  The install looks to be pretty annoying

A cheaper option might be to pick up a bluetooth portable CD player (there are a bunch of them on Amazon for $50 and below)

Ordered the H621SAN000 for $274.66 including shipping (thanks to avk for providing details of their installation).

Dealership quoted ~$600 to install (parts and labor).

Once I have an afternoon free, I'll dig into it (and pay myself the $300). There is quite a bit that needs to come apart so probably not this weekend.

Maybe put together a youtube video of the installation to share.