LegacyGT.com

Releather the interior blue/black? Hmmmmmm.....

What do you think, have the seats redone aftermarket in the WR Blue/Black style seats with a Regal B  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think, have the seats redone aftermarket in the WR Blue/Black style seats with a Regal B

• Do it, it would look awesome
    • DON'T!!!! It would look awful!!!!

I been playing with the thought of having the seats and door panels redone professional - to look exactly like the WR Legacy Interior (see attached pic below). I would be getting a LGT Limited Sedan, do you think it'd look good, or do you think I'd be making a mistake. Any other input would be great. This is what I am thinking of: [img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/wrlimited/interior/02/imgs/w1.jpg[/img] - Mike

Unless the moonroof is a must, why not just get the regular GT and then get some leather seat covers? I got some from a nasioc.com group buy for my WRX wagon and was able to install them myself. Otherwise, you are looking at $2000 for the Limited package, and at least another $1200 for the blue seat covers (if you have them professionally installed.)

I agree why pay for the moon roof if your going to have the seats redone anyways. The moon roof may be nice but after the leaks I had in my 00 GT and the noise when I had the bike racks and/or ski box on and the fact that I couldn't open the front roof with out it hitting the Thule bars and disengaging the opener. I didn't want to put up with that again. Sorry if I got side tracked there but I would love to be able to get that blue leather as a option on the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

From what I understand from aftermarket leather cover manufacturers, if the car comes with seat-mounted airbags, then the special stitching is identical to OEM. The problem becomes if you install the leather OVER the original fabric..

[quote name='axis008']Well if money is of no concern, I would first ask, what color would your car be? If your car was a dark color, then it would look good. But if it was white, I'm not sure how it would match.[/quote] White goes with anything. The white STi looks fine with it's interior.

Mike, if you already have the leather on the seats and the doors, Im sure who ever you use to do the upgrade (there's my vote for the new colour scheme:)) will be able to incorporate both the new and current options easily. All you can really do is get a few prices off suppliers and sit down and do the numbers. Im sure you will have a few sleepless nights working out what you want. Best of luck. Adam.

I would be too nervous about how it would turn out to do it myself, but I think it looks good. Like others have said, I would get a regular Legacy if you want to get leather seat covers. I'm sure that Katzkin will soon have kits for the car that would be much, much cheaper than the custom work you'd have done. Re-covering stock leather seats just seems like wasted money unless you can find somebody else that wants leather seats in their non-Ltd Leggy and will pay you to swap.

I'd like to think this is a bit of a dream. If you have the cash, then why not. I'd keep the moonroof, and the power seats. The cloth seats aren't power. If you're going to end up with a cool two-toned leather interior, why not have the toys. I'd try to source the original seats, to avoid airbag problems, or live without them. Otherwise I'd have a skilled upholsterer re-sew the stock seat skins with the colored insets. I wonder if anyone would touch them with the "volatile" airbags in there. I am a modder at heart, so if you give me something to work with, I'll figure out a way to make it suit my taste. Personally, I love the blue interior. I am not sure whether I would go with the blue perf'd leather, or the alcantara (synth-suede) like the STi. Matching the door inserts, of course. With a red car, I'd be tempted to go with a red or silver colored accent. With a Black car, I'd put in blood red inserts... I would proceed to use the 04-05 STi steering wheel, and a spherical shift knob, aluminum pedals, side sills, and on and on. Basically it goes back to the whole theme of making an STi Legacy, if Subie doesn't bring us one. I'd probably mod one of those, as well.

[quote name='godwhomismike']I saw someone asked what color the Legacy would be, I would be going with a Regal Blue Legacy GT Limited. - Mike[/quote] mmm, can't say that I'd do the bright blue with a regal blue exterior. I would probably only do it with white or black. I guess you could go with STi cherry blossum red inserts. :lol: Seriously, if you [i]have[/i] to do it and with regal blue, I'd do a grey center section.

Archived