LegacyGT.com

I'm new to this, any pointers? 08 LGT Engine

Hm. No...

No 4th Gen ever came a 2.2L, so the VIN will just tell you it a North American sedan, etc... There may be indentifying marks stamped on the engine block you could track backwards and see if they lead anywhere. You might find some information about it on Nasioc. To the best of my knowledge there arent' a lot of folks on this forum who either were or are messing around the older gen EJ22s, especially the turbo ones. My guess would be that if it is a factory turbo 2.2L, then is would be semi-closed. I think they all were, but there were also lots of open deck 2.2L's out there and no guarantee whoever did that swap didn't just throw a set of pistons and a turbo on one of those 😬 Or worse, didn't, and just slapped a turbo on one!

Honestly, thinking about it, someone would have gone to some great deal of trouble to make that 2.2L work properly in a BP/BL, so I wonder if it might not be worth keeping as a transplant engine w/ all the accessories etc... if you can confirm which block it is. The EJ22 turbos were regarded as pretty damn stout.

More info or photos would help. Like has this thing been transplanted whole from an old car, complete with a TD04 or what have you. In any case, you'll get money back out of it, but the more you know, the more you can sell it along with some confidence, and get top dollar.