LegacyGT.com

Lone_wolf_Subie 2007 GT 2.0

After my beloved 1999 RSK B4 Twin Turbo was written off I was left with the tough decision on what to do-whether to get another Gen 3 with all of the problems that a 23 year old car will bring or move up another generation. I chose to move over to Gen 4 and managed to pick this up for a relatively good price and only 135,000 km on the clock. She is pretty much bog standard at this point in time. I took my painted engine caps (reservoir etc) from the RSK as well as HKS radiator cap. I also have a Gialla Corsa wing that is being modified from the RSK to go onto this one. I had the RSK for 13 years so am transferring as much as I can so her memory will live on with the new build- a legacy with the Legacy you might say 🤔😁

IMG_20231029_213328_208.jpg

Edited by Lone_wolf_subie
  • Like 2

The RSK was moderately modified and so going back to what's basically a factory car has been... interesting. The handling feels soft and sloppy in comparison to the RSK and I miss the looks that the RSK used to get wherever she went. Still, a new build is fun and there is going to be a ton of learning to be had, things that the Gen 3s don't have like obd diagnostics, boost solenoids etc. It will be fun anyway. Plans for the car currently are to lower it ( have purchased springs with a 35-40mm drop in them but need to get them in) get the wing sorted, tint the front windows, black out the badges on the rear, new grill and black out the headlights and do the halo mod. Also need to sort sway bars and bushes. In time I'll get her tuned and hunt for a little more power but right now just wanting her handling better

Current mods list (will continue to update as things happen) 

ENGINE STUFF:

Fumoto Drain Valve

HKS Radiator Caps x2

D1 Spec Oil Cap

HKS Alternator and Aircon belts

AVO turbo to I/C hose

AVO I/C to TB hose

Mishimoto gold clamps

EXHAUST

JDM Fujitsubo Giken Muffler Single Exit

3in from Axle back (at this time)

EXTERIOR 

Custom front grill (IG Down_force_customs)

Spectre Black Sequential LED wing mirror indicators

Silver rear indicator bulbs

SUSPENSION

Factory Bilstein

Lowered on Mag&Turbo Springs 35mm drop all around

Genuine STI front strut brace

Nolathane rear sway bar bushes

Solid rear sway bar (Cusco?)

INTERIOR

Prova SI Drive Cover

Full leather interior

Fire extinguisher mounted on front passenger seat bracket

Edited by Lone_wolf_subie
Update
  • Like 1

Fitted the Spectre sequential led wing mirror indicators today, that was scary popping the covers but once they came off all was good. I really like them and they are a step in the right direction for making her a lot more dark and menacing looking. I think once the front windows are tinted it will make it look more so. But happy days, something done and off the list. 

IMG_20231117_162321458_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kojak said:

Looking good. +1 on sways and bushings to get better road feel on the suspension setup. When I finally did mine I wondered why I took so long. Vast improvement. Keep up the progress reports. 

Thanks man! Yeah, she would wallow too much in roundabouts and did not feel sleek or graceful. The lowering and strut brace have helped a lot but really can't wait to start doing bars and bushings. Cheers for the nice comment 😁🤙

Has been a good week although not a lot in the way of photos to show. Have managed to get hold of a dash cubby so will be able to chuck gauges in there eventually. Have traded my BE5s rear Whiteline sway bar for a unknown JDM brand heavy duty sway bar. It was in pretty rough condition so that's been dropped into the powder coater for a zinc coating and a nice dark grey powder coat. And finally a couple of little things turned up. Sometimes finances don't allow big ticket items, especially at this time of year (🎄🧑‍🎄) but even little things make a car. So I bought these...

IMG_20231221_205502714_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231221_204114225_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Deeply disappointed, the bulbs I needed were hb4 🙄 my bad. Still at least I know for next time. Can't wait for the public holidays to be done and dusted to start buying parts again. Need to get some HD rear sway bar links and I think I'll invest in the Cusco sway bar brackets just to keep everything strong

• Like 1

Hey bro! Thank you! 😎🤙 Our roads aren't great tbh. Even in our big cities there are a lot of pot holes. The bushings is just a kind of 'I want to overhaul everything and get the best out of it I can' lol 😂 I had Nolathane bushings throughout my Gen 3 Legacy and the whole system felt pretty tight. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Nice! It’s kinda hard to tell from the picture, but is that a single exhaust bumper? Kinda nice to have them at boxer rumble…I’m looking forward to upgrading mine. 

Nah, it's the twin exit bumper but I plan on getting a mate of mine make up a blanking plate for the other side. 

Not so much subie rumble sadly. Mines twin scroll so loses the rumble but still better than dead silent like it was

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So after lots (like a LOT of waiting) as I decided on what I wanted to do and the path I was going down I finally got this done. AVO turbo to I/C hose and I/C to TB hose. Let say first off that it was a s**t of a job, especially as the body was tired from gym, it was bloody hot and high humidity. I ended up needing my neighbours assistance because I just couldn't get the I/C back on and hoses kept slipping off and I was at my limit physically and mentally. Anyway, they're on and I'm relieved. on the plus I have set the theme for the engine bay with a red and gold theme which I think will contrast nicely with diamond grey. Anyway, no one wants to read my blabbering on, we want photos right?! So see below 

IMG_20240225_171027822_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

So got my lazy butt into gear and swapped out the factory rear sway bar for my solid aftermarket one. I'm not 100% certain what brand it is as so much paint had worn off it but it looked very much like Cusco blue. Had it powder coated in a nice dark grey and finally fitted it. I just love this modification, was amazing on my Gen 3 and just as good on the GT. Just so much more pleasurable to drive, feels lighter and more alive and just glides in and out of corners. Next up suspension wise will be bracing and bushes I guess.