LegacyGT.com

cusco strut tower bars

gibsonsg

I just recieved a set of cusco strut tower bars for christmas. the directions that came with them are all in japenese. installation seems easy enough but i want to make sure about torque specs or any other tricks i should not about installation. i'm kinda wiery about loosening any bolts. i'm new to modifications but i want to learn to do it myself, right!. if anyone has any tips that would be great. i want to get them installed asap, i'm getting ansy to go out an drive.

thanks,

Mike

I just recieved a set of cusco strut tower bars for christmas. the directions that came with them are all in japenese. installation seems easy enough but i want to make sure about torque specs or any other tricks i should not about installation. i'm kinda wiery about loosening any bolts. i'm new to modifications but i want to learn to do it myself, right!. if anyone has any tips that would be great. i want to get them installed asap, i'm getting ansy to go out an drive.

thanks,

Mike

Its about 14/16 lbs...

If you need help with anything just let us know

Myles Williams

www.gtworx.com

www.racecompengineering.com

(410) 730-7223

did they fit,. i just got a front and rear set and the front fit like shit and didn't go on,. and i was so pissed i didn't even try the rear yet. someone said you had to take it all apart...so ill have to wait and see till next weekend. i don't think that was the problem though

Well i went ahead and did the install myself and WOW!!! it might be all in my head but my car feel totally different. before my car wanted to hop around, now it feels like its on rails. a buddy of mine was in the car who owns a modified Audi S4 and couldn't believe how well it handled. i just ordered a set of progess sway bars too, i'm hoping the combo will work well together. i'm thinking about ordering progress springs too but i want to see what the strut brace/sway bar together do for the handling. i can't get to ahead of myself though, MUST WAIT FOR NEXT PAYCHECK. and i got my insurance for the next year, Yikes it ain't cheap.

the braces in general just prevents chassis flex and you get chassis flex if you drive that hard... over periods of time, your alignment of the chassis may change and warp.. but under typical road driving, you won't experience this kind of chassis flex.. typically the under braces would do more work (since you are tying together the more active suspension parts such as the control arms and lateral links.. there not much sense to do the top unless you are really putting a lot of top-side g-forces on the chassis.
Keefe

Archived