LegacyGT.com

Suspension mods

Hi!

My Legacy's suspension has started to sag a bit, especially when towing or filling the boot. I have been looking for stiffer springs, but they all seem to drop the car, which i really don't want, as i find it a bit low already, and could actually do with a 1' lift. What possibilities do i have? I have read about 12-13' suspension fitting and that being a bit stiffer. Would that be a decent upgrade, combined with a 1' lift from blocks?
Or, is it possible to mount struts and springs from an Outback, and get the lift and stiffness from those? 

On a sidenote, I've heard lots about the problems of the ee20, especially the Euro4 version. My car is registered with a Euro5 emissions class. Is it possible that I've gotten the Euro5 engine, even though it's an early 2010? This is a Norwegian car, so there migt be early Euro5 versions up here?

With USDM cars, the 13-14 springs are definitely stiffer and a worthwhile upgrade.  For struts there are some options to tighten things up - lots of us have gone with Koni's (the cut-a-strut for the fronts and shocks for the rears).  Larger swaybars also help. (I have the 13 springs all around, Koni adjustables for struts, a 26mm front and 19mm rear swaybar and am pretty happy with the car as a daily driver. 

Outback components would probably work, but I think you need more than just struts and springs - looks like maybe the front swaybar, front/rear endlinks, and rear upper control arms?  could be some other stuff, too.

8 hours ago, DrD123 said:

With USDM cars, the 13-14 springs are definitely stiffer and a worthwhile upgrade.  For struts there are some options to tighten things up - lots of us have gone with Koni's (the cut-a-strut for the fronts and shocks for the rears).  Larger swaybars also help. (I have the 13 springs all around, Koni adjustables for struts, a 26mm front and 19mm rear swaybar and am pretty happy with the car as a daily driver. 

Outback components would probably work, but I think you need more than just struts and springs - looks like maybe the front swaybar, front/rear endlinks, and rear upper control arms?  could be some other stuff, too.

+1 on the 13-14 springs. They really nailed them during those years.

If you still have the 13 year old OEM struts, I personally wouldn't go through the trouble of putting new springs on them. Get a new set of KYB at the least. They aren't that expensive.

Edited by Plastixx