LegacyGT.com

Winter Storage prep...

My 09 LGT will be in storage for the MN winter in my MIL's garage.  What is recommended for storage in an enclosed but not heated garage?  I am going to disconnect or maybe pull the battery and bring home to be inside for the winter.  Would you guys recommend putting it on jack stands or just not worry about the tires for the 5-6 months it is sitting in one spot?  I did get a cheaper car cover for the winter.  What else should I be thinking about for winter storage prep?

Jack stands are great, but if you ever need to move the car for whatever reason, it adds a little more time.

I’ve been winter storing my GT for a few years now. I always just inflate the tires to ~40psi and forget about it. Take a look every once in a while to make sure they aren’t losing air and flat-spotting.

Not too worried about traction while she sits in the garage. :)

Yeah I kinda figured jack stands would be best since it is an hour+ away and not easy for me to just check in on it and if the tires are up or flat.  Ordered another set of jack stands.  I also think I will do an oil change.  It has maybe 5k on it since last oil change June 2022 and I have enough Amsoil on hand to get it done before storage.

• Like 1

Yeah all good.

Yank the battery, or put it on a 1A maintainer.

Buy some mouse poison and put it in the garage along the walls, and maybe below the car, or a block of it in the engine bay. Give the bastards something more tempting than your wiring to chew on…. Consider stuffing something into the intake for cabin air to block off the interior as much as possible. I’d probably shove something into the engine air intake as well.

• Like 1

2009 Legacy is in storage now on jack stands in my MIL's garage.  We pulled the battery to keep in the shop warm/charged. But, this morning after it siting outside (cold) it cranked slowly.  5 yrs old I think new battery is due this spring.