LegacyGT.com

Jack points for floor jack and jack stands?

I’ve done that before, with a little slip of rubber to protect the body.

I’ve also used the rear mounting points for the control arms up front, and the forward mounting points for the trailing arm brace in the rear. I figure they carry a bunch of the cars weight while driving, they should be able to do the same sitting still.

It’s always been a matter of access. Sometime being on the linch welds was kind kind of in the way…

• Like 2

Thanks.

Is there a center jacking point at the front and rear? (for a floor jack, not a jack stand)

I have that rock guard around the rear differential, so I'm assuming that point would be a no-no.

Edited by rjnakata

Aftermarket diff guard? The company I got mine from recommends using it as a jack point… else, diff is okay, just be careful, it’s not hard to damage the cover.

You *can* jack up at the front on the oil pan, but I’ve only ever heard of people doing it to nudge the engine a little for plugs etc… it’s not a lift point for the car. So…. No, not really a front/centre lift point…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Aftermarket diff guard? The company I got mine from recommends using it as a jack point… else, diff is okay, just be careful, it’s not hard to damage the cover.

You *can* jack up at the front on the oil pan, but I’ve only ever heard of people doing it to nudge the engine a little for plugs etc… it’s not a lift point for the car. So…. No, not really a front/centre lift point…

Ok, wow thanks.  Is the plate just behind the oil pan ok for lifting?

I have the factory differential guard...like for the Outback...

Ah! Sorry, I have an ‘05 OBW. They did not come with a factory bash guard. (Used to have an ‘02, but they’re all pretty similar)

Other opinions may vary, but I’ve removed the ‘plate’ behind the oil pan, and it’s not really such thick metal, it’s just to protect the rack, I think.

I wouldn’t lift mine with it personally, but it’s your car…. 😬

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...