LegacyGT.com

what is up is with the driver's seat issue?

dosta

turn the lumbar support off.

it pushes your spine out of wack and cause back pains over along ride

Absolutely not!!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a bit of a swayback, and until I got cars with seats with lumbar supprt, I always got lower back discomfort. Bucket seats were better than bench seats, but lumbar support helped the most.

The LGT lumbar is cranked all the way up, and I have driven four 1,100-mile days with no back issues whatsoever.

I much prefer this mechaical lumbar over the inflatable types that I've had in the past. This one provides a more even pressure across my back.

To each his own.....

Ron

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be nice if the LGT seats were a bit wider (I read somewhere that Subaru, among others, will be making their seats bigger, since Americans are getting bigger), but they are fine for me as long as I don't add more weight!!

Funny...i thought they were obnoxiously wide!

I have done EXTENSIVE research on the seats:

SOA knows the seats are bad.

To change to a leggt Leather seat may add a touch of comfort because the seat can be raised more in the front. However, You will need to run electric to the seat - AND your dealer will need to reprogram the computer to "talk" to the Specific side airbag in the seat. (As the dealers lead tech says)

I would say most lumbar adjustments help if adjusted properly, BUT the leg gt lumbar is to low in the seat back. Pushes on an area closer to S-1.

The size (width) of the seat is driven by who is sitting in it. I find several leg GT drivers are very young and therefore smaller. I am not BIG but thicker than when I was 20.

Some of this topic is indeed Ergo standards (or lack of) but a lot is personal needs/wants.

Americans are getting bigger and have always been larger than the asian segment these were originally engineered by/for. This is why most woman do not complain as much about the seat size.

• 3 years later...
man this thread is OLD! looking back at my old posts from when I just picked up the car sadly I still think the seats are pure crap. seriously terrible. which is annoying since this ended up being my car. other than a few impossible rattles and the seats I have very little to complain about. 3 years has gone by quickly!

Archived