LegacyGT.com

Opinions/Suggestion-JVC FM Modulator

dougc

Ok, I did use the search feature but it didn't help a whole lot. I will figure out how to install it when the time comes...but I would like some suggestions/opinions on this model and also how the wireless FM Modulators work.

This is the Sirius FM Modulator

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006MQT98/102-3006783-7208108?n=172282

that my gf just got me. I have very limited (if any) knowledge when it comes to these. Does anyone have any info on this one, how does it work etc? I cannot find a whole lot of info on this particular device. JVC usually makes a good product. How does this one measure up to the other tuners on the market?

I am just worried that I will hook it up and it will not be what I am hoping for. I appreciate the help.

FM modulators vary by quality, but even the best ones don't sound very good, IMO. if you're not too picky, i guess they will do the job, but i just don't like the way they sound.

the quality of car sound connections are:

<best>

- factory and aftermarket stereo adapters (iPOD, sat radio), AUX input connectors

- wired FM modulators

- cassette adapters, wireless FM transmitters

<worst>

you'll just have to try it to see if you can deal with it. some people have no problem listening to cassette tapes, while others will spend thousands on audiophile components and magical gold-plated twisted shielded cables.

opinions on car audio quality don't mean much - let *your* ears decide.

I have the same unit! I bought it about year ago and had no problems with it. It is little big and bulky but does it's job very well. However FM modulator on it just sux and unit gets really hot. I would recomend at least wired fm modulators

^^ um ok...so does it work good or not? I probably will not be hardwiring it. Should I look into get a different one. Also, there are two different models of this JVC one..I am not sure which is the newest though, I believe the one that I just got is the newest. I can't find it anywhere now, all the places say "out of stock" Anyway, thanks for the reply, I was just wondering if I should maybe get a different one before I open the box.

Archived