LegacyGT.com

Wanna go manual

Usually the manual conversion just isn't worth the trouble to get it right. Not saying it can't be done, but it's probably more trouble than it's worth. Especially compared with just buying a manual legacy and changing other things about that one. 

We see all sorts of builds on the forums. Almost none of them are manual swaps. 

Totally agree with the above, but as far as answering the question about the eysight and VDC??

I don't think the VDC would matter? I know there are a lot of inputs to it, but I think they're mainly the wheel speed info and the accelerometers in various places throughout the car. I didn't think the VDC module would care about the ECU, but it might.

I didn't even know '09s could have the eyesight system. Neato. As a guess, that one might matter, but I would also think it depends on whether or not there is a module for that system. The '09 cars being CAN, I would suspect there is??

Seriously tho. There are a coupld of manual swap threads kicking around here and there, none look like the process was easy or fun, and involve a lot more messing about with TCUs etc than you might expect. Unless you have an emotional tie to the car, probably cheaper and easier to sell it and get a manual...