LegacyGT.com

Too good to pass up

• 3 months later...

I’m just glad you pulled the trigger on this. What a nice car…needs work sure, but still looks clean, and that gen is the best, imho. Truly a drivers’ car. Pls keep us posted with progress, nice to see a clean sti that’s not beat to hell cause the owner didn’t know how to properly take care of it! Also, I need to feed my desire to see a clean sti brough back and live vicariously through you. 😆

• Like 1

Yeah I’m glad to have it back even if it is just sitting lol. I’m having a hard time deciding exactly what I want to do with it which is fine since I need some funds to accumulate. Another thing that’s on my mind is if I’ll be able to find a tuner that’d be willing to take on the setup I have in mind

• Like 1

I keep jumping back and forth between just keeping it stage 2 and enjoying it or going IAG and something like a dom 1.5xtr with tgv deletes and all that. There are a few factors, one being e85 not being common around me and the other being tuning. I still have Accesstuner race and the car currently isn’t participating in 0420. I have some tuning experience but not enough that I’d be confident throwing the beans at it without the safety net of e85 and with everything going on it seems like a challenge finding someone willing to tune a not so green car. I also have a tactrix and I’m not against switching to open source (which I’ve actually grown to prefer over Accesstuner. I may have to pony up and switch to a more compliant setup and see what happens. 

• Like 1

Will do. Engine bay is filthy and wasn’t painted when I did the car in aspen white. I will be stripping it down and masking it off to match and as good as the car looks in the weeds I’m going to lift it back up a bit so I can get new wheel liners put back in it. It’s definitely going to be a process lol

• Like 2