LegacyGT.com

stage II complete

1freak

yea I'm well aware of the law on that, infact I had a bookmarked copy of it on my computer a while back, harddrive crash lost it, but it didn't really mean anything. Back when I had a ford they tried to tell me my aftermarket air filter was the cause of my transmission problems and "all that junk you have on it" (grill guard taillightguards other misc. stuff, its junk to me now but at the timeI liked it.)

My cars waiting and has been for the last week or so for a new rear driver side hub cos the bearnigs gone out and the dealers takin their time to get it. I dont like dealing with problems like this, its the reason I dont buy used cars. I just dont want the service dept. manager getting in my face like the ford guy did making some claim that my other 3 wheel bearings failed because I put on aftermarket exhaust, or telling me I need $5000 worth of turbo related parts that are not warrantied because the up/dp are not stock and the higher boost blew the thing up or something...

Going fast is fun and a little costly, but repairing factory damaged parts out of warranty is far more costly... I can't scrape up that kinda dough right now cos taxes are coming up in April and unlike most people here I dont get a refund, I get a bill heh, so after my reserevs are shot and I bulid them back up by august I may be ready to really look at opening my wallet on some of this, but I tell ya what I've been tired of slow my car is for a while now.. so the sooner the better.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well there is your problem you bought a ford:icon_bigg I hate dealing with dealerships for warranty work they never want to solve the problem so if something does break I'll fix it at the shop.

I had a wrangler before this and it had a transmission problem (under warranty) but they cuold never find the problem, surprised no so I gave up and put a centerforce clutch in and it still didnt fix the problem. I won't ever go to the dealership again

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

• 3 weeks later...
well there is your problem you bought a ford:icon_bigg I hate dealing with dealerships for warranty work they never want to solve the problem so if something does break I'll fix it at the shop.

I had a wrangler before this and it had a transmission problem (under warranty) but they cuold never find the problem, surprised no so I gave up and put a centerforce clutch in and it still didnt fix the problem. I won't ever go to the dealership again

I'm reading how everyone is getting a "tune."

I'm extremely new to Subarus and Turbo's in general. I'm a huge car guy and sold performance parts for a while but I've been out of the loop and the Access Port wasn't available for the cars I worked on or at least it wasn't around back then.

Can you give me a dummies explanation. I've been reading posts and I think I understand but I still need a little help.

You said you paid 850 for the tune. What exactly do you get for the 850. What is involved with the tune.

I'm trying to answer my own question please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought if you purchased the AP you could "tune' it yourself at home in your garage. Can't you set it to different settings in your garage at home?

Is the difference that they have the AWD dyno and they custome tune it while it's on the dyno for aboslute peak performance?

So I guess you'd want to do all your mods at once then take it to get a tune right away? Might be hard to do because you'd have to drive it without the tune... I guess it would be ok for a short time.

If I do just catback exhaust I probably shouldn't do a tune?

Stage 1, Stage 2, A short explanation of these would be helpful.

How about everyday driving issues? Idle? Gas Mileage? What am I hurting by getting 300 horses out of this thing?

I just want to get it to the new Mustang GT territory... I don't want a stock 27k dollar mustang tearing me up... :)

Lots of questions I know.. but if you can help I'd be very thankful....

You gusy can teach an old mustang guy some new tricks

by old I mean 25

I'm reading how everyone is getting a "tune."

You said you paid 850 for the tune. What exactly do you get for the 850. What is involved with the tune.

I thought if you purchased the AP you could "tune' it yourself at home in your garage. Can't you set it to different settings in your garage at home?

Is the difference that they have the AWD dyno and they custome tune it while it's on the dyno for aboslute peak performance?

So I guess you'd want to do all your mods at once then take it to get a tune right away? Might be hard to do because you'd have to drive it without the tune... I guess it would be ok for a short time.

If I do just catback exhaust I probably shouldn't do a tune?

Stage 1, Stage 2, A short explanation of these would be helpful.

How about everyday driving issues? Idle? Gas Mileage? What am I hurting by getting 300 horses out of this thing

Ok what I got for 850 was the ap for 600 and then like 3 hrs on the awd dyno. yes you can just do it yourself but you dont get everything out of your tune. That is what you call street tuned. By bringing it in to the tuner your "pro-tuned"

The legacy computer is way under tuned off the showroom floor. You can be stage 1 without buying any mod but the accessport. Stage two involves about 2500, tbe, intake up/dn pipes and beyond.

I have yet to run into any driving issues or idle issues. Gas mileage will vary from driver to driver someone who has a heavy foot compared to your everyday cruiser.

The only thing you are hurting is the feeling of all the ricers you smoke:icon_bigg

I did my intake, tbe up/dn pipe and tbe all at once then ran it maybe three months without a tune. No issues

I think I answered all questions if I didnt just ask again

OK thanks 1freak,

That makes sense. So you got to take home the AP for yourself. Now you can save the settings for your PROTUNE and go back and forth from stock any time? You can also go back to "stage1" tune.

Am I correct?

Oh and lastly what is an TBE.

Thanks

OK thanks 1freak,

That makes sense. So you got to take home the AP for yourself. Now you can save the settings for your PROTUNE and go back and forth from stock any time? You can also go back to "stage1" tune.

Am I correct?

Oh and lastly what is an TBE.

Thanks

yes you can change from map to map. They are stored in you ap so you can switch or in case of battery failure and you have to reflash you ecu

Archived