LegacyGT.com

stage II complete

1freak

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i prefer the normal gas it seems to have a tendancy to knock less

but the way i tune cars it allows for winter and summer mixtures while still being safew

Is there any difference in the long term with tuning on good gas vs. winter gas? Is it better to tune on the good stuff?

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

How much diff do you think the header contributed?

i would say alot more TQ but @ this point the restriction is the TMIC

once my air water is on ill have a real god idea of the gains

id say 10-20 ftlbs will be the results

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Damn Jon those are nice numbers for just headers that plot looks just like mine TQ wise but HP is 10 less but other than that Dyno looks exactly the same and I got the pully, intake, up and dp over you so that thing will be a monster once you put those things on.

Damn Jon those are nice numbers for just headers that plot looks just like mine TQ wise but HP is 10 less but other than that Dyno looks exactly the same and I got the pully, intake, up and dp over you so that thing will be a monster once you put those things on.

my header has a 3 bolt up and i have a DP too

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

1freak, any plans to dyno your car down at KTR? Would be interesting to see the numbers off that dyno.

I dont feel the need for a second opinion maybe when I go further into the build but dont it.

whats up Jon, was wondering when you were gonna pop in here. I still smiling

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

I dont feel the need for a second opinion maybe when I go further into the build but dont it.

whats up Jon, was wondering when you were gonna pop in here. I still smiling

you better bring that car to Epping this spring as soon as they open!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Ktr reads 5-8% lower than mine

KTM's tune is on normal good gas

1freak is on shit ass Winter crap

same w mine

what i will tell you guys is that my header (GT Spec)

allowed me to run 4 more degrees of timing all the way across the powerband

this is my chart

http://www.tdctuning.com/projects/tdctuning2005legacygttdcprojectcar/headers.jpg

Maybe I missed it, but what mods do you have for the above chart?

GT I have perrin up/dn pipes and perrin turbo back exhaust. With the perrin short ram intake and turbo inlet tube. This is allowing the turbo to fully breathe. My car is also m/t (of course). I also like to match parts instead of 1 from this one and 1 from that one:icon_bigg also running stock turbo and intercooler

LittleblueGt what are you running different?

I just have IONs header/UP combo. Still waiting for the TBE.

I am very interested in a TMIC and a CAI, just need to keep doing my research and find out if it is worth it or not.

Maybe I missed it, but what mods do you have for the above chart?

Gtspec header, Invidia DP and Pro tune

i made a custom 2.5" Y-pipe back setup as well

soon my friends all will change

ill give you a teaser of the new setup available to from us SOON

http://www.tdctuning.com/dynocharts/newdyno.jpg

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Wow that graph is sick. I hope the stock clutch holds out on you for the dyno runs you're putting it through.

I'm anxious to see how long it will hold out as well before you need to replace it.

I cant see Jon playing games with the stock clutch. My bet is there a brand new clutch in there before he even starts this project.

Is CT too far? Peter from PLTEK just went there and spoke highly of Tony's abilities. I guess Christain from Cobb also says he's a good tuner.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23643&highlight=XXtuning

I'm probably going down come Spring and a couple more mods first to get the most I can from a Protune.

http://www.tdctuning.com/dynocharts/XXvsTDC.jpg

there is peters XX tune VS KTM's TDC tune

Tdc is the light red/ light blue

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Dayumm... that graph can't possibly be with the stock turbo!!?? Might that be the water cooled TMIC you've been talking about? I can't imagine you'd see THAT much of a bump from one but.....

Brian

it will involve that cooler

and a bit more pressure / flow :icon_bigg

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

very nice, I like it! I want it! a friend of mine has the 5MT and I the 5EAT, hes stage 1 and its a completley different car, I'd have to go stage 2 on my slushbox just to keep up.

I contacted a company called "topspeed" in GA somewhre, (alpharetta?) yall know anything bout them? I was hopin they could do a dyno tune or some spin off of stage 2.

if you dont mind me asking 1freak how much did that run you cost wise from stock for performance mods only? excluding rims or suspension or anything like that heh, I dont wanna do a lot to my car.

also, what are your perspectives on the warranty? is yours totally gone now? I've hesitated to do any performance mods on the car cos I have a bad wheel bearing at less than 8k miles and if this things a lemon I'll drop it like a rock.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I believe I spent about 1300 on the perrin stuff up/dn pipes, perrin tbe and the short ram intake and turbo inlet tube, maybe less. Another 850 on the tune.

As far as the warranty, haven't thought about it. When and if the car breaks I'll deal with the problem at that time. Read the moss warranty act it will help you, it basically says they (the dealership) has to prove what you did caused the problem. My shop will fight for me if needed. Also the dealer where I bought my car has a performance shop there, and there are 3 guys there who are building a gt(each guy) and I keep i contact with them.

Archived