LegacyGT.com

Help!!! -14 af learning 1 at idle.

Hello I couldn't find any posts that were exactly the same as the issue I am having at the moment. So Found a boost leak at the hose that connects to the map sensor and replaced that. Shortly after that my car started reading -14.84 af learning at idle with sometimes a rough idle and at low rpms and low throttle input (sub 3k rpms) the car kind of seems to pulse like its losing power then suddenly regains it. It also reads around -8 when not accelerating and just crusing. I can't find any boost leaks anywhere else any ideas would be great. 

Fiddle with the MAP sensor to start, maybe give it a cleaning. Both the sensor and the wiring connector.

Lots of cases where the MAF sensor wiring has gotten old, and maybe when you swapped out the intake hose you jogged it, and it’s not properly connected…

Did you disconnect the batt?

what is your DAM/IAM reading?

-14.8 for af learning in theory isn’t bad, and could come closer to 0 over time.

Could be the computer had learned/was adjusting for the torn connection and now has to ‘unlearn’ that. Might actually be a good idea to do a reset to hurry the process along.

Should do.

Not saying it’s the cure, but worth trying?

If the ECU had long term learning adjusting for a vacuum leak after the MAF, it might take a little while to readjust after you’ve repaired it. Using the AP to reset may help.

Still not a bad idea to do a smoke test at the same time, in case there is still a leak somewhere.