LegacyGT.com

Trip from AZ to WY

Last Thursday we left to Wyoming to visit family and let the kids enjoy Cheyenne Frontier Days (and try to convince my wife to move back) and the car did flawless for the most part and I even scored a few goodies! It was 1,000mi there and 1,000mi back and I drove both 13.5hr trips myself only stopping for fuel while the wife and kids played their games.

While I was there I was lucky enough to find some good parts in the salvage yard that are impossible to find here. I scored some of the parts for the subframe spacer delete off of an LGT but I was using my dads tools and after breaking a ratchet and bending a few wrenches I had to abandon with what I was lucky enough to get. Another goodie I finally got back was a sub box I built when my wife had her other outback. I sold the outback to a friend and when I got my current outback I asked him to sell me the sub box if he ever sold the car. Well he sold the car but to a mutual friend who also sold it to another mutual friend who finally sold it to someone in Utah and they kept the sub box for me. It was originally built for a Sundown Audio SA-8 but someone along the line cut it out for a 10” so we will see how it sounds. 

Overall I was incredibly happy with how the old outback did averaging a little over 26mpg (calculated which blew my mind). My wife drove it to Colorado and couldn’t get it into reverse which I had to guide her through over the phone. Trans is getting to be pretty worn out and I’ve been saving for the 6speed swap which I may have to move up on the priority list. If anyone has a legacy parts car, please hit me up if you want to sell me a few things for the spacer delete. I’m going to order them regardless but I’d rather throw money to the people on the forum over a dealer.

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

• Like 1

I experienced the same exact "volume-of-bugs" consensus on my way down to Texas. It was a pain to clean them. Driving from Texas to Tennessee, I got wise and taped up my front end, only to find I didn't need to because for whatever reason there weren't as many bugs to take out on the way over. 

MILKRUN  - Click Here